Me and my team are exploring options to move our design project management workflow to a clean slate, what are some of the tools that you use to stay on top of design projects and make sure the workflow is smooth & fluid. We are looking into using Trello, but if anyone has a more visual and more feature packed alternative we are open to suggestion.
- If you are looking for a tool to store version and track the process you should try InVision. They have a feature Trello like where you can see the version and progress of the project. Personally I don't use that feature cause I track design versions in a different way. I guess you'll have to try it out and see if it works for your team. Tools Ive used, Basecamp, Trello, Asana, InVision, JIRA.
- I vote for Planyway, in combination with Trello. Our team designer productivity has grown by 15-20%, according to weekly reports for similar tasks. In spite of Planyway is just a Chrome Extension, for now, it seems to become a real breakthrough in project management.
- I am surprised this hasn't been recommended yet! It's got everything a designer could ask for when it comes to project management -Task boards, Privacy settings, in-situ conversation, custom backgrounds, colours, google drive and dropbox add-ons, et al.
- If your tech team already uses JIRA then it makes a lot of sense for the design team to be here too. It may not the most best looking tool out there but if you work directly with the product and the developer teams and they're already on it then it does a pretty good job of keeping everybody on the same page. Agile development concepts like Epics and stories help link efforts of all teams and makes it easier for projects to be managed. Teams can have their own workflows set-up within their projects will ensures nobody skips a step. And many more benefits.Jira and Trello are IMO the best alternatives out there. While JIRA is more sw engineers oriented (lots of dev integrations) I think you can find quite a good amount of workflows and boards also for designers/mktg/sales people. Recommended it. (till 10 ppl, JIRA should actually cost less than Trello).
- When it comes to managing multiple projects and teams, there are numerous project management tools you can choose from, irrespective of your expertise. Choosing the right PM tool depends on the features you need, not what kind of work you’re supposed to do. So, answering your question, the best project management tool for designers is ProProfs Project . Why? The tool offers all the necessary features, like task management, resource management, invoice generation, and so on; that help in managing a team and multiple projects in one dashboard!
- Judith Ratajczak made this productDo you already know TimeTac? It's a webbased time tracking and project management tool for Mac/PC or mobile. Define your tasks/projects. With a simple click you start tracking time. You see how much time you have spent on specific projects and you are able to plan your resources. What is also important is that you always keep an eye on cost and revenue rates. Currently you can test it for 30 Days!