A simple web app or mobile app that downloads music, videos and movies from YouTube and possibly other streaming services.
- If you're not afraid of the CLI, this is by far the best option.This is the best way to do it. You can extract just audio, download entire playlist etc. If you're on a mac and using homebrew just follow this steps and you are golden. brew install youtube-dl brew install libvpx brew install ffmpeg (to convert videos to mp4 etc) and then run this command to download the video or playlist into mp4 format youtube-dl -f mp4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yourvideo
- Apart from downloading music and videos from YouTube, Cisdem Video Converter for Mac also has many other features: 1. Download videos and audios from over 1000 sites, including YouTube. 2. Convert videos and audios between any format 3. Optimized preset for most devices, such as Apple device, Game Console, YouTube, etc. 4. Edit videos with the built-in tools 5. Share your videos with family and friend
- "Ever wished you could save a video from the Internet? Search no more, Downie is what you're looking for. Easily download videos from thousands of different sites." Super simple, fast, local, saves-as-audio. My downloader of choice. It's fantastic.
- Tubulator is a combined media browser/download desktop app. I'm using the Mac version, but a Windows version is available as well. Tubulator lets you search, browse and download both video and audio - the latter as MP3. It supports browsing downloading entire channels and playlists, and integrates with iTunes to a certain degree as well.
- Their bookmarklet allows me to download any video from various sites (youtube, facebook, vimeo, soundcloud, instagram and twitch to name a few) Or you can just copy paste your video link and download the file with any format you want