Framer X can be very powerful on a lot of things. React brings liberty and the prototyping features are outstanding.
But, we still miss the collaborative part on the prototypes (e.g what possibilities brings Sketch+InVision
I hope the beta version ends soon, as a product that you have to pay for it, it seems a bit unacceptable to have so many bugs.
I really love the idea and the live streaming and achievement in under 24 hours is an inspiration to all makers!
I would really consider using this as a blogging tool if I could connect a custom domain and do basic SEO, page tagging etc
Liked the idea
I have first encountered Bubble almost 3 years ago when they just launched on Product Hunt. And Bubble has literally changed my life. Not only mine but of hundreds of thousands of people that all of a sudden got empowered to build products that they would never build otherwise. Bubble reduces the time and costs of creating web and mobile apps dramatically, revolutionizing the whole space of web development. It also enables totally non technical people to build beautiful and powerful apps without requiring developers. Yes, I can be called biased since together with my co-founder Vlad Larin we have founded a business building products on Bubble (https://zeroqode.com), but if this business strives and provides jobs to 25+ team members then it only proves the fact that Bubble is indeed a great platform.
In 2013, I started using Bubble to build an online marketplace for my startup. I had no coding experience and no budget, and was able to build an app with user signups, crowdfunding functionality, and payment processing. Bubble was rough around the edges, but it had the signatures of a disruptive technology. Over the past 5 years, the platform has evolved in dramatic fashion, adding hundreds of features, a marketplace for plugins, support for responsive design, the ability to connect to virtually any API, and immense performance & scalability improvements. In 2015 I co-founded AirDev, the first Bubble development agency, to help organizations build great applications using this powerful technology. We have built hundreds of products for startups & enterprises without having coders on our team. Many of our clients imagine they will use Bubble for a simple prototype, and then get hooked on the speed and flexibility with which we can develop. The Bubble team is committed to the long-run, aiming to replace traditional code as the medium for helping anyone create & express on the web. I'm excited to see where this wild ride takes us!
- Agreed! With Famous Studio, designers can import files from the tools they already use and love (Sketch, Photoshop, AdobeXD) and instantly turn them into fully responsive Progressive Web Apps. Check out the Famous Studio YouTube channel for daily videos on everything from how-two's and tutorials to feature previews and product insights from the Founder/CEO: https://www.youtube.com/famousst....
- Jon Sutherland made this productHey Chris, you should check out Parabola.io! You can use it to pull in data, transform it based on a series of rules, and push it to any destination. You can use it to build back-end logic for your product, and use something like Google Sheets as your database.
We've been using Parabola for a few years and it's changed the way we do business. Parabola has allowed us to streamline and automate our manual sales operations processes, and do more with the free time that was created. We've been able to build automation flows without any coding experience and without borrowing engineering time. It's super easy. Whenever anything comes up internally, we often first ask, "I wonder if we can do this in Parabola?" Most of the time, the answer is yes. Definitely worth checking out if you're spending a lot of your day in spreadsheets. The potential is really left up to your imagination. Great product, great team.
Once everything is connected, the application is incredibly powerful.
Highly recommended for anyone with many data sources who needs to run analysis & share it with people who should not have access to the underlaying data, but the aggregate results/analysis.
- Amazing for beautiful, slick UIs with unparalleled animation control. A lot of designers like to use this to build out their ideas without any code. It offers a lot off flexibility for interactions, allowing you to create awesome animated hover states, for example. Amazing free plan!
Look: There’s no platform that can enable someone with no freaking clue about how to build an app to magically build one... But boy does Bubble come close.
I love visual/no-code/alterna-code environments and have worked on several of the most famous ones. Bubble is right up there.
I feel like this tool‘s positioning (“you don’t have to be a coder”) belies its true strength. It‘s GRRRREAAAT for those who would rather NOT code most stuff.
I do my best to help folks out in the forums at forum.bubble.is, but wish it had a StackExhange equivalent -- it’s that deep. Love it and wish it the best. You can build awesome stuff on Bubble, but (duh) prepare to learn some computer science In the process (this is a GOOD thing)...
An app that's more about doing something technically than paying any attention to the user or use-cases. Is just very impractical, with all the real-world features difficult to impossible. Just look at data-upload: https://forum.bubble.is/t/best-way-to-bulk-upload/1690
- Christopher Davies made this productFor the backend side of things, I just launched BackendLab this morning - It allows you to create a web app backend with a posgreSQL DB, a REST API and user auth/permissions without writing any code and with very little time
- Suren Petrosyan made this productIf you want to create a job board app, I made Job Board Fire with makers in mind :) It's very quick to get up and running, and doesn't have a monthly subscription so you don't have to pay another bill while your job board is picking up steam.