- Wire is open source and at least as secure as Signal, but actually usable thanks to its beautiful design and great features. You can send all kinds of file formats, temporary messages, GIFs, pings (think Buzzers from the MSN days), sketches, and audio messages with voice filters. It even had encrypted video calls before Signal. The app is available for all major platforms, including the web, and syncs messages between devices. You can sign up without a phone number, and they release updates every 2 weeks!XMPP > Signal > Wire! The practical choice here would be Wire! Unlike Signal, which is available only on Mobile platforms (sorry, a chrome extension is not that convincing when compared to a standalone desktop client), Wire is cross-platform and it uses a protocol that's based on the Signal protocol. So it's quite easy to request your friends and family to switch to Wire. If you are looking for a cross-platform secure messenger with E2EE and all the familiar features, I recommend Wire. With external independent security audits, open-sourcing their server-side codes, Wire is only getting better. Update after 3 years: I don't recommend Wire anymore. They didn't get any better as I expected. For alternatives, check here - https://www.privacytools.io/soft....Advantages of wire over signal, you ask? - sending pics and videos in a group chat doesn't take forever - group chats actually work without having to deal with "bad encrypted messages" and weird errors that make my relatives and friends think I'm a tinfoil hat weirdo - development cycle is fast, thanks to a larger number of developers - group calls - the FBI has never gained access to the information on their servers (even though moxie had very little information to hand over, I am not a fan of the FBI interfering with the apps I use) I'm not going to make a list of the advantages wire has over telegram, since we're talking about secure messengers. I'm not really sure why people are recommending it since the question explicitly asked for a "safer version of WhatsApp"
- Many features that aren't cluttered, many users, great security.Fast and reliable, has calls, group chats, p2p encrypted chats.
- Signal is the most recommended secure messenger by the security experts. If you are looking for full security, it seems Signal is the way to go.I use this and just be careful of the photo size you share, but so far I haven't been hacked or featured on TMZ.
- Extremely secure messaging apps can provide a great means of communicating. Troop Messenger facilitates server-side encryption for all of your office data. This application is specially designed and implemented with germane features for team collaboration. Additionally, it is executed with high-end security to encrypt the information and it looks taller in the corresponding market with business identity and even most trusted secure messaging app for enterprise available on Android, iOS.
- If you need complete privacy I’d recommend the services that are more focused on security by design. Threema for messages and sharing files (pdf, gif, zip, mp3 etc). Not all are listed here like Symphony http://symphony.com/ for productivity and collaboration or Vipole https://www.vipole.com/ for encrypted video and group calls.
- It's a team messenger. We extensively use this app for collaborating. There's channels for group chat, video conferencing, file sharing, to-dos and a lot more... It also works across platforms. I've got the android app and windows one, works amazingly fast! The best part, it's free to use.
- I have created this post a while ago and since then I have tested quite a lot of apps. I would say that VIPole is one of the few apps with vast functionality. It's pretty easy to use and has all you need to get in touch with friends, family and collaeagues from work. Thire team is constantly working on different improvments and I am definetly looking forward seeing more of it!
- The most secure technology is a serverless technology. p2p Therefore, the most secure messenger is PrivalSystems, which has a much larger number of advantages! No registration required! Since the password is automatically generated and stored directly in the program files, in encrypted form. Login is generated as a random set of characters, just as is additional security. In ordinary messengers, you need to enter the phone number to everything. This reduces the security of the messenger to zero! Since, according to the phone number, you can easily calculate the address of residence and passport data, any instant messenger with phone entry goes into the category of prohibited! PrivalSystems deprived of these shortcomings, besides it has non-deactivating encryption, video and audio communication, Group and single chat, file transfer, control of the premises on another computer installed at a great distance. Designed using Win32
- Mobile security is more and more important nowadays, that’s why I think no matter who you are, what you do. You will need an app to protect your phone! I am using this app called ‘AppLock’, which is amazing because it can lock all of my apps, images even videos. This app is always on my list when it comes to app recommendation. The one thing that I like the most about this app is that it can take photos of the person who’s trying to unlock your phone! This feature is really funny because I always got the intruder selfie notification from my kids. They are trying really hard to unlock my phone for video games. If you are a cautious people, you really do need one of this app.