- When I'm looking for a pure expression, this is how I prefer to brew my coffee. It's clean, straight-forward, and feels all sciencey! What's not to love?It turns you into a professional barista. Makes the best cup of coffee!
- Pour over is my go-to method. I use an electric burr grinder. I change up beans often, I'll usually try whatever is on sale at Whole Foods. I also really like their Whole Food's Allegro brand (good price/quality). As long as the beans are fresh, I'm pretty happy! 😀I use a Hario V60 and a manual or electric burr grinder. It's so easy once you get the right grind consistency! There's an awesome London coffee roasting scene which I'm trying to sample more from.
- I love Chemex for a light and clean taste, thanks to the special thick filters (this is the key difference between the chemex and other pourovers). It also gives you more control over your coffee (you can control the water temperature & distribution of water). It takes time and practice, but the process is a magic itself too :)The Chemex is my favorite for most single origin beans. Clean but still full flavored
- Relatively cheap, simple and almost considered an industry standard amongst baristas worldwide. Can't go wrong with a V60!Yep, this is my go to for a simple cup of coffee. It makes a nice pour over.
- This is an excellent subscription service from Blue Bottle. The beans usually arrive about 1-2 days after roasting, so they are incredibly fresh. I have been getting the Single Origin Assortment (Latin America, East Africa, or the Pacific Islands) plan for about three years, since the Tonx days, and have been very happy with it. They also offer Blend Assortment and Espresso Assortment plans.Blue Bottle consistently sends me nice beans with which I make iced lattes, usually with Monin vanilla for a sweet yet refreshing flavor.
- I'm stuck thousands of miles away from Philz but still have yet to find a better blend than theirs, so I just order it. No shame. It's that good. I then grind it and either pour over or use my snobby "shower drip" machine. Delicious and strong AF, just like I love it.
- Pact democratizes access to speciality-grade freshly roasted and ground coffee in the UK by lowering the price point through their subscription and recommendations. Their business model allows them to achieve direct relationships with individual farms which also surfaces the occasional microlot- the best of the best small quantity high quality beans. Most of the bags I get have been roasted within the past week! You can really taste that level of freshness.
- In Sweden we love coffee and everyone can't afford expensive barista visits. I recommend this because it's engineered to perfection for a super price. It destroyed me for other coffee-makers. It's not the flashy kind, it just makes perfect coffee - Then I also recommend the swedish Zoégas coffee for it ;)