- Headspace is fantastic because it ultimately helps people change misconceptions about meditation. For me (and a number of my friends) - Headspace makes meditation feel 1) achievable -yes to 3 min options 2) playful - fantastic animations 3) and perhaps most importantly, feel like a tangible practice in the “real world”. I often highlight the themed option for ‘Commuting’ to demonstrate - how often do people highlight that meditation can happen in a jam packed metro and not, as commonly perceived in a quiet place undisturbed by the actual world? Headspace hits that balance between aspirational (yes new years resolutions) and practical (the other 364 days a year), and I think that’s what makes it worth the plunge.I've used Insight Timer (a great free option) and was turned off by the cost of Headspace. I decided to take the plunge with the New Year sale Headspace had, though. I do not regret it. The app is great for three reasons: 1) it does an excellent job of nurturing meditation as a habit; 2) the themed packs make meditation less daunting for those who are new to meditation and practicing it for a specific reason (e.g. anger management, focus); and 3) the design is wonderful.
This is the first and only app I pay for :D Sometimes it can feel like a chore to do stuff that is good for you and this app takes that away for me. I teaches you gently and pleasantly and Ive been able to stick to it and understand more about how minds work. It helped me stop biting my nails.
Great product to get focus in a world of noise
Not only is this product amazing, it's free - and I've never seen another app developer open up (and manage!) the process so effectively to a wider community. This needs to be case study material, on so many levels, of how to do things right. Nice job Kevin and team!
Excellent app for meditation. if I were to choose among insight timer, headspace, calm, and oak, I'd choose Oak. This app beats every other app in terms of its balance between simplicity and unobtrusiveness. The best app for meditation is here, and you do not need to waste money on anything else.
- I've been using HeadSpace for a while now, but I've read a lot of threads on Reddit and Quora about the benefits of Insight Timer over both HeadSpace and Calm. I might give it a shot.I use this for a change of pace for it's cost (Free) - there's some great content, but it's much more unguided/uncurated.
I love this app. I've seen it grow from a wee little timer with different bells to a full fledge application with courses, timers, and a friendly online community.
Been using this product for over a year and it has so much variety. I love that when I log in I can see how many people around the world are meditating using the app at that moment in time.
- Jenny La made this productThis app is not made for only meditation tracking. But also other activities and habits.
I have enjoyed using this app for the past month but can't justify the subscription price until the app more significantly differentiates itself from competitors. (There needs to be a lot more integrations to justify the price.)
Also, I believe that you should completely own your own data, and I don't like how CSV export is a "premium" feature.
Other than that, the UI is very clean, and I think other habit trackers need to embrace "automated" goal tracking like this.
Developing good habits is one of the foundations of a good life, and it deserves well designed tools. I believe Nirow it's one of those tools and I look very much forward to its development. It supports a variety of ways to track habits both manually and automatically, fitting plenty of scenarios. There is no excuse to not to try it and improve your life 1 habit at a time ;)
- Guided meditations for every mood - you can be on multiple meditation tracks at the same time.They had a switch in narrators about a year ago. The new one has a really bad vocal fry/rasp. Sets my teeth on edge. Lots of content, but I think Headspace is better for it's level of direction
- I love the variety of guided meditations, for different cases (better sleep, anxiety, stress, etc) and levels.
Seems to be a pretty decent app with a great voiceover and lots of content. I only did a simple 5-minute meditation round and still somehow felt a bit relaxed considering I had a lot of work to be done today. Obviously, these 5 minutes are not enough to give you a full-blown review but it felt good enough to add it to my final shortlist.
More here: https://www.producthunt.com/@mesingh9/goals/3771/comments/625458
- After learning a lot from Tony Robbins about priming, i researched a lot about good apps to help me practice and create good habits. Recently stared using Primed as an alternative to Headspace and Insight Timer. Must say i am very pleased with their free Primes, and also consideration of purchasing their Pro.
- Jonathan Kosgei made this productI created an entire family of Ambient Sleep Sounds and Ambient Relaxing Sounds Alexa skills while learning the platform, to help with Sleep and Relaxation. This is just one, others include; Ocean Sounds, Babbling Brook, Rain with Native American Flutes, Forest Night among others. All have positive reviews and feedback from users. Important to note that many such skills exist in the Alexa skills store, the most popular created by Nick Schwab of Invoked Apps.
I've used this product since I was 17 (3 years! wow!) I've tried other meditation apps but honestly, I always came back to this one.
I never thought I could go beyond a 10 minute guided meditation, but now find myself meditating for sometimes even an hour.
Meditation changed my outlook on life, and has helped tremendously through periods of stress in my life. It's all thanks to this app.
- One of the best apps out there is Evenflow. Meditations are organized by topic like stress, anxiety sleep and performance and are done by licensed therapists so the quality is really high. It's also all free the first week so you can try it out without worrying about getting charged anything
I bought a lift time membership and pumped I made the move. I find this really helps me stay on task especially if I've had a bad night sleep or an intense day.
I have been using Brain.fm consistently since purchasing a lifetime membership back in January. I mainly use it during work (programming), sometimes when sleeping.
I use this app regularly to help me sleep through the night and if I do wake up in the middle to go back to sleep quickly.
love this app! Would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their mental wellbeing as well as mindset! Love it 5 stars!!!