After reading a lot about the benefits of meditation, I want to give it a try. I heard there are great apps to guide you through this process, and I'd love to get some recommendations. I've downloaded Headspace and Calm, but since I'm not an expert, I can't tell how good or bad they are and which is better. Thanks!
- Headspace is fantastic because it ultimately helps people change misconceptions about meditation. For me (and a number of my friends) - Headspace makes meditation feel 1) achievable -yes to 3 min options 2) playful - fantastic animations 3) and perhaps most importantly, feel like a tangible practice in the “real world”. I often highlight the themed option for ‘Commuting’ to demonstrate - how often do people highlight that meditation can happen in a jam packed metro and not, as commonly perceived in a quiet place undisturbed by the actual world? Headspace hits that balance between aspirational (yes new years resolutions) and practical (the other 364 days a year), and I think that’s what makes it worth the plunge.I've used Insight Timer (a great free option) and was turned off by the cost of Headspace. I decided to take the plunge with the New Year sale Headspace had, though. I do not regret it. The app is great for three reasons: 1) it does an excellent job of nurturing meditation as a habit; 2) the themed packs make meditation less daunting for those who are new to meditation and practicing it for a specific reason (e.g. anger management, focus); and 3) the design is wonderful.
- I've been using HeadSpace for a while now, but I've read a lot of threads on Reddit and Quora about the benefits of Insight Timer over both HeadSpace and Calm. I might give it a shot.I use this for a change of pace for it's cost (Free) - there's some great content, but it's much more unguided/uncurated.
- Jenny La made this productThis app is not made for only meditation tracking. But also other activities and habits.
- 19CalmGuided meditations for every mood - you can be on multiple meditation tracks at the same time.They had a switch in narrators about a year ago. The new one has a really bad vocal fry/rasp. Sets my teeth on edge. Lots of content, but I think Headspace is better for it's level of direction
- I love the variety of guided meditations, for different cases (better sleep, anxiety, stress, etc) and levels.
- After learning a lot from Tony Robbins about priming, i researched a lot about good apps to help me practice and create good habits. Recently stared using Primed as an alternative to Headspace and Insight Timer. Must say i am very pleased with their free Primes, and also consideration of purchasing their Pro.
- 3Ambient Sleep Sounds: Thunderstorm Sounds for AlexaJonathan Kosgei made this productI created an entire family of Ambient Sleep Sounds and Ambient Relaxing Sounds Alexa skills while learning the platform, to help with Sleep and Relaxation. This is just one, others include; Ocean Sounds, Babbling Brook, Rain with Native American Flutes, Forest Night among others. All have positive reviews and feedback from users. Important to note that many such skills exist in the Alexa skills store, the most popular created by Nick Schwab of Invoked Apps.