- It lets me hide menubar apps I don't use very often but that I would still like to be accessible.Yup, me too. I love the menubar app that hides all the useless menubar apps for me so that I can focus on the good ones. I like my menu bar apps to provide information rather than interaction so all that's visible are my iStat Menus and VPN status etc.
- This has to be recommended... staring at a screen all day kills my eyes. I know Mac has introduced night mode recently but Flux is just the one!
- Not only a menubar app, but I usually use it from there so I think it's a great choice for this list. It makes super easy to manage my passwords and important things I need to remember.This is one of my favorite Mac apps, period. Keeps me super-secure and does it all easily. You can tell the company behind it (Agile Bits) is really passionate about what they make.I wish 1Password for Android was as good as LastPass. 1Password for MacOS is excellent, the Android version will become as good under Android 7.x it seems. I would like that they remember those using Android 5.x and 6.x though... LastPass is already able to provide "on screen login completion" for current devices.
- I was a long-time user of Caffeine as well, but at some point when it didn't support Retina displays I switched to Amphetamine which is also great. https://www.producthunt.com/post...Caffeine is so simple it's hard to understand how it's not a native feature from MacOS.
- Alfred is one of the first thing I install on my Macs, next to Homebrew.Alfred serves as a replacement for Spotlight, giving you quicker access to a much wider variety of actions and files than Spotlight does. Absolutely worth downloading & learning the shortcuts - you'll thank me later!
- My main reason for using this is that is has a 'fuzzy clock' mode: «ten pas nine» instead of «9:12», numbers are distracting and we really don't need minute accuracy constantly reminding us how little time we've left to live… The second reason is that it can hide the battery charge indicator once charged (space saving, no unnecessary info!). The rest of its functionality is a bit nerdy although I'd recommend the bandwidth monitor as it helps track down what's using your bandwidth with a simple click. Also, nice little calendar. Do set it to update infrequently, it's not worth draining your battery for.This is the first thing I install on my Mac, it is an extremely helpful utility app!
- This is the best screen organizer I've used. The keyboard shortcuts are great, but the ability to quickly drag and organize your screen in halfs, thirds, or quarters is a time saver, especially when jumping between laptop and monitor.I used to leave my windows cluttered all over the place. This app has really boosted my productivity, especially with a large monitor. Plus, the "drag to this spot to snap your window into this area" feature is fast, and ridiculously easy to understand and use. These days, I can't imagine using my Mac without it.
- I can't live without this app. One of the first that I install when getting a new macbookA free, incredibly customizable window manager you can control from your keyboard. If I ever had to get rid of all but one of my menu bar apps, this is 100% the one I would keep
- This is exactly what I need to pull colors from my screen accuratelyA solid color picker – does its thing well, and with a great range of options for output.This has become my "swatch" saver. I create and save palettes for brands I work with and use the "Color Dock" pinned to the right side of my display to quickly access and copy any color code for any client. Very handy at saving and creating palettes, too.
- This is my favorite of all the ambient sound makers, useful when doing focused work. Listen to crackling fire 🔥, whooshing wind 🌬, and calming 🌧 from your Mac.
- Let's me have a quick look at my calendar. Also has great shortcuts built in!It's always good to be able to check out a brief glance at your day.
- I use cloudapp the most out of any menu bar app. Screenshots/gifs/annotations and easy sharing are super important when working with a remote team. So I use it constantly! 😀
- Don't be ever surprised again by overage charges