I'm looking for browser extensions that protect user data, web behavior, etc.
- I've tried my fair share of adblockers and was never completely satisfied, switched to uBlock Origin and haven't looked back.Same here, super easy to use, super clear & clean in their terms and privacy settings, very extensive capabilities.
- Liza Shambra made this productThey offer 3 extensions: Chrome, Firefox and Opera that encrypt your browser traffic, unblock geoblocked content, and mask your IP address to keep your online activity anonymous. They are lightweight and won’t slow your computer down.
- Used to use Ghostery, but was a bit put-off by disclosures that demonstrated a less-than-transparent approach to privacy protection. Switched to Disconnect, snagged a lifetime deal on premium, and have been mostly pleased since.Has a great browser extension, and ability to upgrade to their paid apps to be protected even when you are on your phone or from other programs outside your browser, who are tracking you. Have been using their app on my mac since August, and it's blocked 75.000 request so far...
- Arguably more of a security extension than a "privacy extension," but I would put forth that using strong (and potentially unknown) passwords stored securely in a zero-knowledge vault with a strong master password is one of the best ways one can protect their own privacy, so I'm dropping this here anyway. :)
- Several novel approaches to enable simple, private and secure communications.After 20 years of Byzantine methods for using PGP to secure your communications, finally someone figured out how to make it painless. Somehow they manage to get you following infosec best practices without it being a chore. The free encrypted storage and file sharing kicks ass, and the teams feature lets you communicate with one or many people under a Get Smart "Cone of Silence"