- +1 for Kap. Easy to use, hassle free screen captures.
- Annotate, store all your screengrabs in the cloud, instant URLs to your clipboard, easy downloads, I mean, it's the perfect solution. Also, epic recording features for GIFs and videos.
- The newest version of Brewery includes native Mac capturing but also converts video files. Many great options/features to create that cool demo gif.The newest version makes creating GIF's, in various different ways, extremely easy and fast. You can easily create a GIF from an an existing video, importing from URL, and recording your screen. You can even open an existing GIF to further optimize or edit things.
- Just simple application that works, I must use it 2-3 times a day to show people programming tricks in slackThe main website looks sketchy. The app icon looks sketchy. Even the app itself looks sketchy. But I use it all the time to get quick and dirty GIFs where the content matters more than the quality. Great for recording bugs and adding the GIF to the bug card. 👍 Plus — it's cross platform. Edit: Now looking at your ask for a high-quality screen recorder to GIF app, this is exactly not what you're looking for (but it could be up other people's alley!)
- Andrey Vasyukov made this productSimple. Beautiful. Powerful. Advanced recording and compression options. Integrating sharing, drag and drop, copy and paste. Customisable shortcuts. One of a few fully native apps built specifically for macOS for extra shine and performance.