- Not sure how well-known f.lux is but it's a must-download for any Mac or Windows user. It automatically dims your computer screen in the evening to avoid eye strain. Try it for a week and you'll wonder how you lived without it. 🌚🌞I've been using f.lux for years and have it installed on all my computers/laptops and always recommend it to people. When macOS 10.12.4 released with Night Shift, I tried for a day or two. But wasn't satisfied with it as it wouldn't make the screen warmer like f.lux does and doesn't have App level settings (You can make f.lux automatically disable when you open a particular app) and other excellent features like taskbar icon to disable on-demand / movie mode and stuff. So yeah, f.lux has and will continue to be my fav. Also, there's an excellent write-up about f.lux VS Night Shift. Do read this here: https://forum.justgetflux.com/to...
Honestly, if I was to buy a new computer, this is the first thing I would download.
Although Apple and Google have integrated blue light filters into their operating systems, they still haven't matched the capabilities that f.lux offers. f.lux gives you more control over the filter strength and once setup, you don't need to touch.
I have been using this since it first showed up on Product Hunt. It's probably my most used 'app' even though I barely ever interact with it. Once I found my optimal settings, I don't think I've opened the app itself more than a handful of times. It works as advertised most of the time. The only time I've had issues is when using it on external displays with Linux. Since it's my secondary device, it's not been much of a problem though.
- The application fixes the most common mistakes in a very convenient way and shows statistics based on your emails.I get more use out of this than I do most any other tool/app. I feel like everyday is a learning experience with Gramercy. My writing has improved and I am paying closer attention to what I write and how. I am still using the free version but I plan to upgrade. OH and the progress reports it sends each week are smart.
When you use grammarly, they put some kind of advert for youtube, so when you watch youtube videos, it will stop and their advert will start. Note, this is not a youtube ad, this is an ad directly from them.
No doubt this is a wonderful and useful tool to the online writers and bloggers.
I appreciate the team for making this possible for millions of users around the world.
- You never see Alfred but he's always there for you 🙏🏼Probably the app I use the most without ever noticing. I recently changed computer and the 10 minutes I spent before installing it again seemed slow and tedious. You quickly get accustomed to using it to search anything on your computer, whether it's launching an app (already open or not), accessing a file, searching on Maps or Google from anywhere. The beauty is it that just typing in the first 2-3 letters, it always shows me what I want. Simply put: Alfred is to Spotlight what Google is to Bing.
- Must have app if you like your whole screen as clean as possibleWithout this, my menu bar would be just a big, big mess. Can't imagine my life without it now.
- I used to use Spectacle (also good/free) but opted for Magnet (great/not free) because of the multitude of sizing options.I figured Magnet would just be a gadget app that I would never end up using... yet, before I knew it, I couldn't work without it anymore. Every time I use it, people go like "woah, how do you do that ? I need this so bad". It's a super simple tool to organize/split your screen between open windows by dragging windows to a side/corner of the screen. It automatically resizes the windows to fill only a certain portion of the screen (like what Windows 7 had) so you can see multiple windows at once. Incredibly helpful, and I cannot work anymore without either this or a 2nd screen ! Note : it seems similar to -but simpler than- Divvy that has been recommended as well. It's also waaaay cheaper (currently $0.99 on the app store, and normally around $4 if I remember correctly).
I love this product - the *only* thing I liked about Windows was the ability to snap my windows in to place on my desktop. Magnet adds the one feature I wanted for my Mac from Windows and super-sizes it - especially with multiple monitor support.
- Great for presentations!I've seen countless times when people are presenting at desk or to a room full of people or when thinking with their hands-off computer, and then suddenly rushing to move the mouse to avoid monitor going to sleep. This is the smallest secret weapon to avoid many such embarrassing moments. Recommended this to so many colleagues and friends over years. It's amazing utility.This app is tiny but very very helpful when you're working, or you want to keep some task running! It keeps your Mac from going to sleep. Doesn't take much space and it's a small cup sitting on your taskbar. You just click on the cup icon, and it turns from empty to full cup ☕️ which means, it's pumping caffeine to your Mac :D
DNABHBSAHFBASJFjbfhwkjfwfhwjkfwhhfjFSHJfsfhafhahfaehfkhdkhdgHgfehgahgfhgrsehfgrshdggGAEHGEGREHGKURAEHGKUHAEKUFHFwghruHIUWgheahgushGLUhgwhgkwHlwghwGUwgjgjhwGJKwGLGSHGHEUSFBESKGBJHSGFJDGFEYWUB VDWYEVNnmsdbvhjsadvjgdsbvdsgkuagjdfvagxqdhvsnwahjfdxbhAJHSHFKDDNABSKLVBEAWHEFV WQHG<Jvhjscjlckhsbjkvskfe
- I use this implicitly a lot. It's usefulness has multiplied since it became an integration for Gyroscope (which is another recommendation in this list).I use this every single day. I love seeing the reports of what sites I've been browsing and my productivity score. I like using after 9-5 workday as well just to see what I do with my free time.honestly i love this. I tend to mostly just use the built in version of a lot of utilities but this is like a must have. It's the easiest way to track how you spend your time on the computer and the fact that it integrates with gyroscope is also amazing BIG PLUS ONE
I love Rescuetime and have used it for more than a year. Affordable and a great way to manage how you are spending your time. It's not yet a full solution, and will need to expand to iOS mobile and also provide a more robust solution for offline tracking.
Extremely helpful tool if one struggles to improve his/her daily productivity.
- Elegant and focused interface, markdown support, available on macOS and iOS, decent pricing and sustainable business model -> the best note taking app!Simple, elegant, well-designed. Exactly the right set of features - markdown, formatting, sync with mobile apps - at a great price. Best note taking app I've ever used - and I've used a lot of them!
I searched high and low for a replacement to the Mac OS default Notes app, which is incredibly limited in functionality and insufficient for my needs. I had one twist - I needed to find a note taking app for Mac that did not sync or store notes in the cloud. Bear does just that and it happens to be great. I really enjoy the hashtag categorization system and ability to have multiple tags on a note. It's a twist on Evernote style tags, but with a lighter-weight style of notebook organization and management.
Overall I love Bear. It is beautifully designed. I love the simple interface and the ability to tag notes is amazing. It makes searching for old notes so much easier. This is better than Apple Notes and I love it so much more than Evernote.
- A beautiful little app that tracks your health and let's you compete with friendsDefinitely loved Gyroscope ever since it was launched. The Pro version adds a few nice features (custom goals is my favorite) and they're launching new ones all the time. It also helps me be more mindful of my time and occupations. All in all, really great stuff!
Great team working on a great platform.
UI and relevance of data is front of mind with the team - which is a good thing.
I've been a pro user since day 1 and truly recommend the platform
It is nice app to see simple overviews of how much time you have spent Online, movement and places but you need to use those apps.
- Never drag a window again to keep your workspace organized! Spectacle enables you to move windows around the screen and across screens right from the keyboard, and it's free!
I like this tool. It's simple, free and doesn't get in your way. You just set the hotkeys you want to use and manage your windows with comfort. It's also open source: https://github.com/eczarny/spectacle
- I have dozens of Workflows for automating things on my iOS devices. Downloading YouTube videos, logging HealthKit samples, analyzing HealthKit data, bridging incompatible apps, and generally speeding up annoying processes.This app is a timesaver beyond the wildest expectations. I've used it to automate workflows on my phone that would have otherwise cost me hundreds of hours of work.One of the best apps I've installed on my iPhone - amazing productivity! From simple,one-click workflows (e.g., post articles to a specific Slack team and channel) to Calendar entry with Fantastical - Workflow saves me countless minutes and hours each day and week!
- This app is amazing for knowing exactly how long a downpour is going to last and when it's safe to make a run for the train.I love love love this weather app. It is slick and I love getting alerts "rain starting in 10 minutes" or "snow stopping soon" - let's you know exactly what's going on. It also features a graph that shows you for how long and how intense the (rain, snow) may be.
- I've used Skitch for year's, and even though Evernote blew it, I still use it daily to screenshot, annotate, and share visual information.I use this every day. Can't live without it.
- Alexis Kratko made this productSnovio gives you a chrome extension that sits in you browser and gives you emails (sometimes along with names) for a domain/URL you visit. And on top of that it provides you with: Email Verifier to validate emails in your own list; Backlinks tracker just like LinkAssistant but free with email notifications (coming this week); Boolean strings builder (HR people use this a lot).Very useful when it comes to finding the right emails of company's decision makers! Thank u:)
- You open this app once to configure it, then all you use is it's extension. One tap and whatever you were looking at is in your inbox, ready for you to get back to when you're ready.Here's how I use this: I'm looking for something on Safari on my iPhone....then I decide its easier to continue on my laptop (at a later time). One click - mail to self. Done. Love it.
- Atlas Recall is by far the MOST underrated application I've found! Recall is something I just cannot live without! It literally is a central digital repository for everything I interact with all day, everyday. The history is stored in the cloud and everything is accessible from my Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Forget searching on my device, it has nothing on Atlas Recall! Absolutely amazing!Recall is - as the site puts it - "a photographic memory for your digital life." This free app works in the background and gives you a searchable index of everything you do on your Mac. It makes your digital history automatically searchable with no additional logins. Using the Recall app, on iOS, and browser (Chrome and Safari). It is an awesome visual way to see what you've done (online, in your all your apps). For sensitive/private sites, folders or documents you can tell Recall to pause automatically. It is a terrific visual index of your activity and quickly helps you recall what you've done. It works great for finding that site you visited, or that document you worked on but can't remember. Also, serves as an excellent starting point to Google Docs and other Cloud-based files. Once you try it, you won't know how you've worked without it. This is an app I wish was a part of the operating system!
- This adds the kind of bot automation you love in Slack, but in Trello. Why Trello hasn't snatched this guy up is beyond me!
Viral Loops have been AMAZING for a couple of different campaigns we've been doing at Product Hunt, and the team is so helpful. The tools they have to help people to share and encourage virality really do work. I recommend 100%.
One of the best referral marketing solutions out there to create viral campaigns for your startups.
- Great way to easily share screenshots & videos with teams and customers.This is a daily tool for quickly sharing and annotating screenshots.
Tired of complex folder sharing platforms? You just want to send a file quickly and easily? Then this is your app!