I've seen multiple products before implementing this, but can't find them now. I basically want to see video snapshots of how users interact with my web app.
- FullStory is gold. We've used it to monitor how people interact with producthunt.com, particularly when we're introducing new features/experiences. Unlike in-person user testing or tools like UserTesting, FullStory allows you to see how people use the product in their natural habitat. 🙂I love FullStory. In parallel with Drift or Intercom, you can resolve issues with any user before they even explain the problem. Saw it in action first with @hemeon using it for Design Inc. and @psuedovirtual using it for Drafted. They both convinced me I should get it.
- Try this one! It does exactly what you described. It stores video snapshots so you can see exactly how your users interact with your website.I've used Hotjar many times. Excellent. So easy to use. My advice is don't get too frustrated with your users inability to perform a simple task. Not everyone is computer literate!
- Tamboo is great for diving deep into how people are interacting with your site. On top of the general recordings and screenshots, it offers some really cool data visualizations to help you understand and take action on the recorded insights.+1 using it on 3 different domains.Clifford Oravec made this product(Full disclaimer: I'm the founder 😉) I'd recommend Tamboo if you're looking for highly accurate visitor recordings, as it captures everything exactly as your users saw it. It works well with static marketing sites as well as web apps. There are also a number of features that are useful for understanding user behavior at a higher level, such as heat maps and engagement scoring. If you have multiple websites or web apps you want to run Tamboo on, there are (very affordable!) plans that will let you do just that. Plus, I'm super involved and will make sure you're well taken care of 😀
- We use the inspectlet trial right now, it's quite impressive what it does.
- The UX is a mess, but it gives you amazing insights into recordings of how people use your site.It gives you heat maps and live videos of your user's interaction with your website.
- Pros: Significantly cheaper than the competitors (at the time, I haven't looked recently). Individual sessions and heatmaps (which is 90% of the features you want) Cons: Based in Europe, so payments were kind of a pain. User Interface was slow Doesn't understand complex interfaces well Tracking and clicks oftentimes seemed off by ~100+px Work only OK on tracking mobile
- This is also one of the good products. Although it is a little buggy in terms of showing the proper layout of the page in the the recorded session, but it works. and it is quite simple to set it up with good number of free recorded sessions every month. Check it out.
- Userbrain is not tracking your users directly. You just enter your URL, write a task and get weekly videos of people using your site for the first time. What they say: "Continuously receive videos of real people testing your website, web app or prototype, and make it ridiculously easy to use."
- SessionStack is a great product that allows you to see your web app through a user's eyes. You can replay and reproduce errors and quickly fix them. Also, if you are interested in a similar solution for mobile apps check out https://inapptics.com/.