- Mentioned this in another Ask PH thread yesterday, but it's worth repeating. Alfred is so incredibly useful in my daily workflow that I don't even notice I'm using it half the time. Anything I need to do that I can do with Alfred is just automatic.I just use it without thinking. Cmd-Spacebar, type first few characters of an app's name, your pick is highlighted, hit return, opens app. Sounds like a lot but takes seconds. It does so much more which I need to learn.Alfred is quite possibly the only application I can't live without. I use it for everything. From opening files and folders, to navigating my drives, to launching applications, to running searches, to the hundreds of workflows I use everyday without so much as thinking about them. The Evernote workflow for instance. Hitting CMD+SPACE followed by ENT to search through my notes is just muscle memory at this point.
- I use Recall nearly as much as I use the Finder and Alfred... it is my "go to" app to find the bits and pieces I've surfed, browsed, viewed and worked on... it is - like they say on the site - a digital memory...Fantastic App! Plus: The Support Team is the Best!!!Does anyone have recommendations for a memory improvement game? I have extra time on my hands, thanks to Recall, and I don't need to remember where I've browsed; where files are stored; or what my work looked like several revisions ago. Recall provides *so* much utility while simultaneously disappearing - there isn't any configuration or maintenance necessary. Many products claim to "just work" but nothing comes close to Recall's ability to work out of the box with zero maintance. Additionally, it provides faster lookup of websites, files, and everything Mac without the setup/organizational investments of bookmarks, folders, or tags! It actually tags all of your digital "stuff" automatically (and intelligently). It provides smarter & quicker search results than Alfred or LaunchBar (I've used both), but with only the smallest system overhead as the index is stored in the cloud (encrypted in rest and motion no less).
- To answer my question myself - Numi is more than a beautiful calculator. It does so much more than just calculations - https://numi.io/docs/Numi caters seamlessly to the chaotic intersectionality of the tech space. It scales with your needs; from simple addition to defining reusable variables, Numi can function at whatever level you need it to. Play with it, read the documentation, and use the dark skin.
- The invisible app that saves me a lot of time every day! When you're doing dev/design work and have to move around terminals, Photoshop windows, editors, FTP clients and Safari, Spectacle is the smoothest way to put things in place quickly!
- As a developer I love this best way to get my browser and code windows sorted out quickly.