- I don't use Coinbase personally, but I hear a lot of good things from people who use it. EDIT: I now use Coinbase and love it. :)That's what I've been using because it's simple, mostly safe (I wouldn't keep my 💰 there, but I know they have a "vault") and UX is not bad. I tested other services that were trying a bit too hard to present buying crypto as if it was an obscure activity (or maybe they just didn't care about good design) made only for guys living in their mom's basement; wasn't for me.
Coinbase is there to get you started; it's easy to use and understand what you're doing. The transactions feel safe enough, and it protects you from buying too much at once. It genuinely seems like they take care of their users, especially new ones.
I have been waiting for a week now for my funds to become available on coinbase and they still are not. Plus, I have had zero feedback from the support team for a week now. Do not put your money here. Seriously.
I've had a terrible time with Kraken. I have attempted to get through their verification process 4 times. Each time it can take a week or more to receive a response. The response is usually very difficult to interpret. There is lots of boilerplate text. I signed up sometime over the summer, it is now January and I still am not verified. I've switched to Gemini and won't be looking back.
Overall a good product, but many technical problems + the company is taking a position against the clients by disabling trading at times, suspending market order execution, or creating an artificial slippage which they then take to their own pocket.
- This allows you to buy Bit and Eth, also works worldwide not just in the United States.
- For the more paranoid, LibertyX is a great alternative to Coinbase or other online exchanges. Purchase a QPay pin from one of thousands of their partner stores (usually cell-phone shops that sell prepaid SIM cards) with cash, put the pin into their app, and enter the address you'd like the bitcoin sent to. It's instant as well - Coinbase can take up to a week if you pay using a connected bank account - which can protect you from bitcoin price volatility. Trading that into Ethereum is relatively simple - use kraken or any other bitcoin exchange.
- I sold my bitcoins due to the downturn of its price easily at cryptoexmart and my cash was transferred to my bank account immediately. These guys are fast and they charged me about 0.01% for selling $85,000
- LiviaCoins is the best option when it comes to buying r selling bitcoins in Europe and America. They provide a fast exchange service where there is little stress of verification. I highly recommend this service to everyone that desires quality service when buying or selling BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH in 2018LiviaCoins pays fast, have low fees, and there is no stress of ID verification