- When I'm on a road trip, I want to make the most of the time at hand and explore as many places I can with the limited time I have at hand. In situations like these, if you get lost on your way, it would take a lot of time for you to get back on track. Google maps help me avoid that problem and find directions to my pre-planned destinations on the go! Totally LOVE the app. Graphics are cool and are easy to comprehend. Completely amazing. No cons whatsoever!
- I realized that when I'm traveling on long distances I may lose my focus for a second or two. Many of my friends said that it's OK, you just can't be at 100% attention all the time. Anyway, I found it somehow dangerous and started to look for a tool or app. I tried Vision App and it went pretty well. It alerts you about lane changes, sharp stops, tailgating and driving too close to other objects. So it has become one of my travel apps.
- Best app for planning each and every route and stop for your road trip - Google Trips. I highly recommend it.Google Trips is amazing - I used it to plan our stops on a road trip my friends and I took to the Isle of Skye recently and I can't recommend it enough.
- 3WazeI find waze super useful on the roads. The app was build by Google, (you know it's pretty accurate since Google snooped on us all the time! lol) including the traffic data that you find on Google Maps, only that it is real-time by drivers around the area using the app. Live navigation is fantastic. I've used it myself when I'm road tripping from Thailand to Malaysia by driving, and oh boy I must say I love the accuracy of the app on traffic. When I'm using google map, it's often taken me to some sketchy roads for shortcuts that ended up taking more time than the average path and the travel route can change suddenly too. Waze is like a personal head-ups on the road for me, and the design of the app is pretty cute. The features of playing music and podcasts are the bonus.
- Stephanie Goldman made this productMap2Next is a mobile app that allows you to read travel articles from top sources (Eater, Thrillist, Airbnb, Uber) and attaches their recommendations with maps to make them more accessible on-the-go. So you can save the places and articles you see on the web for later. It makes finding great places easy, and the UI is beautiful. Disclaimer: I work here. We've been working really hard on this one and are starting to get noticed by some of the big players in the space.