I'm looking for tools and advices to increase my reach on social media, and especially Twitter. I'm going to start my own company soon and I need to be better at social media marketing. Some context: I'm currently a web-developper, I use twitter a lot to share ideas, articles, and products around the new technologies. But I'm no market guy and I need to better understand what it takes to become an expert at social media communication.
- Given that you share a lot of articles, links, etc., I would highly recommend joining Refind. This has been immensely helpful, not only as a reading platform, but a writing platform for sharing my own content. You get closer to the writers and influencers who share great things.
- Part of being better at Twitter is listening and making sure you're part of the conversations people are having about you and your content. Start columns in Tweetdeck to find out when people post about your articles. I have one column for mentions, one search using the article URL, and another using the article title. There is some overlap, but this covers most of the mentions without a direct @[handle] mention.This is one of my favourite Twitter tools that helped me a lot back in the day when I was running our twitter chats. It allows for tracking differnt keywords, users, hashtags, etc. in separate columns, and what I also particularly liked was the ability to schedule tweets, which turned out super helpful during the aforementioned tweet chats. If you're more into analytics side of things of tracking different keywords, you might want to give https://brand24.com a go. It will provide you with a number of metrics such as social media reach, number of mentions, or social influence of different authors, so pretty much something you're going to miss with the majority of free tools.
- Buffer is a great tool for publishing your tweets. You can schedule when they go out and analyze how well they do.I've been a paying user of Buffer for years. It's the easiest way to trickle updates to Twitter throughout the day, particularly useful for those that read and share a lot of news articles or links on the web. You don't want to overwhelm your followers by sharing 10 links all at once.
- This is an excellent tool that will enable you to share compelling content from other sources in an automated way. You set it up and it goes. I've used it to find very specific and industry focused content from more famous creators and retweet it to share with our projects followers, you can then jump into the conversation should a retweet get traction, if that's something that you think can be helpful :D
- Feed Hero is a brand new product from a friend (Pat Griffith), which analyzes your Twitter feed, followers and those who you follow. It helps you pick and choose the best interactions, friends, who to follow and helps you republish great tweets (and I'm sure a lot more!)
- Robert Buchi made this productHello Benjamin! We just launched a new social media management app called Post66 that allows users to connect all their social media accounts and post on all of them simultaneously. Additionally, with Post66 you can also schedule an unlimited number of posts and see how they perform. Our app would be great for you because it will help you save a lot of time and you can gain permanent free membership if you follow a few simple steps. If you are interested, you can learn more about that on our website. Good luck, Robert