ICO’s are the new apps. There’s a cryptocurrency for everything. Today’s newest entrant is PotCoin, a cryptocurrency for the marijuana industry, used to bypass traditional “drug-free” banks. But unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others, PotCoin is endorsed by Dennis Rodman. For real.
It may be early days, but every week we’re seeing innovative uses for the blockchain. There’s:
• Monaco VISA, a physical “credit card” for cryptocurrency
• 21.co, a platform that pays you to answer emails
• CryptoPunk, digital avatars based off the Ethereum blockchain
• HammerCoin, an MMORPG with a Bitcoin-powered economy
• Lionshare, a gorgeous cryptocurrency price monitor for the Mac
P.S. We heard that Coinbase is having technical difficulties handling all the new accounts. Here are some alternatives recommended by the community.