Do you have a plan B?

Once I was told: Do not have a plan B. Because when you have one, you are more likely not to stick to plan A, and your attention is attracted to plan B to avoid plan A. --- On the other hand, if I would sometimes rely on plan A (which highly relies on other people's decisions – this is something you can't always influence because of their plans), I would probably crash and be broken. --- So... Is it good to have a plan B or not?

Replies

InnerSynergyX
My Plan B is to succeed in Plan A
Alexander Dolton
Ofcourse B plan is very important
Mansi Trivedi
I think there is no such thing as a plan B. It's about making choices.
Business Marketing with Nika
@mansi_trivedi1 But more choices mean to have more plans, or not? :-D
Mansi Trivedi
@busmark_w_nika No, I think choices mean setting your sight on the one thing you want and do it whole heartedly.
Rahul Mishra
I think it's good to have plan A, B and C. Regarding sticking to one plan, keep order of plans like A is best, B is secondary level and C is Moderate level. You will stick to A always and choose B or C in other situations.
Kane
No, every time is Plan A, every time is all in.
@blueeon What about your Plan A? Can you tell us what about it is? :-)
Kane
@busmark_w_nika As an indie maker, my Plan A is to keep putting out products that cater to my users until I hit the jackpot. It's like a game of shooting - if I can't be a sharpshooter, I'll be a machine gunner. So every time I launch a product, I give it my all without worrying about what comes next - that's the strategy for after I hit the bullseye.
Bill Frad
No, every time is Plan A, every time is all in.
Raza Rasool
Being adaptable and continuously improving yourself can prepare you for a variety of scenarios.
Selina Danny
Build a network of contacts and mentors who can provide guidance and support.
Margret Rhyme
If warning signs or challenges arise, be prepared to reevaluate and make necessary adjustments.
but I think it's all about balance. It's about being adaptable without losing sight of your primary goal. Sometimes, relying solely on plan A can leave us vulnerable to external factors beyond our control.
Lewis Owen
I have always maintained Plan B. After each product reaches a stable state, I will not hesitate to start a new track. And I released a new product in PH today, and I will start developing a new project tomorrow, hahaha
PRIYANKA MANDAL
It's an interesting perspective. I think having a plan B can offer a safety net, but I get the point about staying committed to plan A.
@priyankamandal What situation made you make up plan B? 🙂 Do you plan simultaneously plan A and B, or do you make up plan B when plan A is worsening?
Chris Lester
My Plan A has goals 1, 2, 3... I may not reach "Plan A Goal #1" but I don't have a plan B
I used to work for a company and have a side project. But this time.. it's all-in for me. Fingers crossed!
Hiep Nguyen
I think we should have a plan B, and it should be a contingency plan. This means that the priority and resources will be focused on plan A, and plan B will only serve as a backup in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Nguyễn Minh Thức
Always have Plan B and It is so important as well
Terrence Kelleman
Cortez burned his ships to eliminate the chance of anyone abandoning his quest