[ChangeLog] November 10, 2022 release notes: coming soon feed

Jamie Sprowl
24 replies

Coming Soon feed

Something we’ve been obsessing over is how to make Product Hunt more valuable to both makers and non-makers. The new Coming Soon feed aims to do just that.

Makers - We know how much effort and preparation goes into a launch. An important part of that is teasing it just enough to build anticipation and hype for launch day.

This new feed allows you to highlight your scheduled launch as much as 30 days in advance. This gives you more time to gain momentum — on the feed and with a slick Coming Soon banner on your Hub page. Learn more.

For everyone else - Don’t you love knowing what product launches are coming soon? Help support the launches that pique your interest, and sign up to receive notifications when they go live so that you’re one of the first to know.

As always, let us know how we can make this one better by dropping your comments below.

Replies

Korede Adeyooye
Awesome - Looking forward to the change
Chris Messina
How is this different from the previous Ship-powered Coming Soon feed?
Chris Messina
Ah ha! "Teasers are a new and free way to showcase your scheduled launches and gain new followers to be notified when you launch. Teasers are shown in the “coming soon” page while Ship promotions are shown in the “upcoming products” page. In addition, while teasers are free, Ship is a paid subscription that comes with additional features such as the ability to create a landing page, gather subscribers, and more. Teasers also have a limited time span as they can only be created for scheduled launches and are only live from the time you schedule your launch, until the time you launch goes live. Ship promotion on the other hand can be ongoing, depending on the goals of the Maker."
Chris Messina
Funny! I just shipped Teasers on Republic last month! Great minds! 😉
Jamie Sprowl
@chrismessina very cool! Hoping this will be a great tool for makers and hunters. Let us know if you have any feedback once you try it out.
Paul Michaels
This is great! Teasing our coming products adds lots of value to the PH launching process. Excited to use this for my upcoming launch of "Exercise or Excuses" https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
MaheshVarma Kanumuri
@jamie_sprowl Wow it's Great. Looking forward and excited to look into this.
Dávid Sipos
Great - Coming Soon gets more attention! Would be great to put maybe similar coming soon projects in the featured feed
Fabiana Cm
I’m new here, so I’m Steel trying to find myself. Knowing what is coming soon will help a lot.
Naveen S G
This is really a good feature - Looking forward to it
Pavel Chupryna
This feature is great, thank you!
Rahul Jain
Looking forward to try this out