- Always telling myself I'm going to refresh my mind on a language I know or learn the basics of a language, but never happens.It felt so good to use this...for a week. Then I stopped. :(
My reading and listening skills have improved so much since using Duolingo, I couldn't recommend it more. I'm not naive in thinking it will make it fluent as it's not the best for speaking skills but has vastly helped me improve and build up my language confidence.
Using Doulingo for a long time. It really helped me to improve my French. Recently began to study Swedish there. It helps to improve listening, writing and speaking skills at the same time. Love the approach to study, that's really funny and easy. You just make fun and the result is a new skill.
- I realllllly wanna start using it! It's been on my homescreen for 2 weeks. Haven't actually opened it yet.This is an awesome app - literally changes your life. How I stuck to it was - I made it a requirement of my day. I set aside 20 minutes before 10AM and I treat this as absolutely mandatory and the payback is huge.I love Headspace. You just need to find time every day to do it. Headspace is the first thing I do when I get in bed at night. If you have a consistent routine (like for me, bed at 10:30), set the reminder at the time that makes it most likely you can commit.
This is the first and only app I pay for :D Sometimes it can feel like a chore to do stuff that is good for you and this app takes that away for me. I teaches you gently and pleasantly and Ive been able to stick to it and understand more about how minds work. It helped me stop biting my nails.
Great product to get focus in a world of noise
- Used to use it! but Nuzzel takes my news consumption time of dayIt was my go-to 3 years ago, but then, Facebook/LI took over as my go-to place to consume info
- Really wish everyone I talk to could realise the flaws of WhatsApp and use this instead 🙈
Telegram keeps on releasing amazing updates. Secure, easy to use messenger with great UX is all you'll ever need. I wish more people used it rather than Whatsapp or Messanger subpar experience.
Favorite messenger, has its all: super fast, great UI and UX, chats foe different communities with quality content, bot platform that is growing rapidly. New releases coming frequently.
The biggest wish is to get rid of notifications that your contacts are on the platform (IOS)
- Dropbox is perfect...But somehow, I never find myself using it. Last I used, it was months ago.
- I love Square. I have two friends that use Square. Everybody else is on Venmo. Friends, please use Square. It's so pretty. 🙏
I set up an account when this was first launched, but no one around me uses it, so...there's that. When I switched phones, I tried to log in again, but ended up having to create a new account. Then, my new phone broke, and I tried to put it on a new phone...no way to log in again. Awful experience. Back to Venmo.
Simple, easy to use, user friendly
- I keep seeing recommended everywhere, and rave reviews about it, but never actually use it 🙄Bear is nice, but it always has the markdown visible, even in read mode. Can't stand that feature, and for that reason, I don't use it.
I searched high and low for a replacement to the Mac OS default Notes app, which is incredibly limited in functionality and insufficient for my needs. I had one twist - I needed to find a note taking app for Mac that did not sync or store notes in the cloud. Bear does just that and it happens to be great. I really enjoy the hashtag categorization system and ability to have multiple tags on a note. It's a twist on Evernote style tags, but with a lighter-weight style of notebook organization and management.
Overall I love Bear. It is beautifully designed. I love the simple interface and the ability to tag notes is amazing. It makes searching for old notes so much easier. This is better than Apple Notes and I love it so much more than Evernote.
- Everything about this product from UI and visual design, to onboarding, to features and creation tools, ad infinitum is spot on and glorious. But, turns out, actually making compelling audio is HARD. Plus, those already making compelling audio are podcasting it on the open web. So, this became an "after I catch up with my usual podcasts" app, and let's face it folks, you can listen to podcasts 24/7 if you wanted to
While this app may not be the most #disruptive app on my iPhone, I love that the HBO team took the effort to actually build the app depicted in the show. And it works.
Not Hotdog may not be homescreen-worthy but it's a fun joke that illustrates the increasing influence of tech on culture and the media industry (and visa versa).
The most profound piece of innovation of our times.
- Rarely am I reminded of using it these days. Oh Prisma, you were awesome.😍+1 on Prisma. Used it for a month, loved it, then forgot all about it.
I used to use Prisma a lot when it first launched and now I don't see myself using it anymore.
Try with your friends and have good laugh / time :)
- Call me crazy, but I use Spotify over Apple Music. I love the design and interactions of Apple Music!I bought a subscription and use it on my mac, but the Android app has too many flaws and crashes frequently. And Spotify is still not in India, so I have to make do with Google Play Music.What a missed opportunity for Apple. I dislike everything about this app—this, coming from an Apple fanboy. There are so many UI and design yuckiness on this app that I just can't be bothered by it, even with all the free trial subscriptions that I've received (not for people with OCD). Spotify wins in this category. Although recently, I've been using the free version of Pandora a lot after years of non-use, and I've been pleasantly surprised by how on point its music selection is for my saved radio stations (better, dare I say, than Spotify's station function).
Product Hunt 4.0 is the best that has happened to Product Hunt yet. Easily one of my most favorite websites these days, and I see myself coming back daily to maintain my streak. I am at a 20 day streak now and I hope to see badges evolve with daily streaks - some sort of perks for people coming more often?
This update is super useful for people deciding whether or not to use a product. Sometime you want to do a deep dive into a product before deciding whether or not to use it.
The "😻 reviews" feature, as well as the "🔗 Around the Web" section makes this deep dive super easy.
- Super way to shed some pounds and the UI/X has gotten more and more impressive...but never find the time or energy to open it and log my food. Maybe I just eat too much to want to log...that might be the first problem...anyway - great app! Wish I used it more...
- I often have times where this is a convenient way to chat with someone who only uses Facebook.
I love Facebook Messenger and I love how it is doing everything to take on all other chat apps + is feature-packed like Telegram. Native apps for Facebook Messenger on computers is something that I wish to see soon.
Companies use this more and more to invade
- Wonderfully designed application, but I only ever have time to read the news when I am travelling on the underground i.e. without internet.I love this app. I get the most important news in the most interesting and non-cluttery ways. I always start my day with Quartz which gives me highlight and summary of the important news and then switches to other apps just to read the headlines of the news.
- I hear great things... Haven't used it yet. Looking forward to! :)
This app is simply amazing! I have been using this as my replacement to Google Spreadsheets. The features inside of this amazing service are endless. If you have lots of data and want to organize it efficiently, this is the app for you :)
We started using Airtable to manage our content projects at work. After using it for a month, I decided I liked it so much that I signed up for Zapier and Airtable to manage my personal projects as well. It has completely changed everything.