- This seems like a very popular Chrome extension for listening to articles. Did well in the Product Hunt launch 😊I use Play.ht for providing audio for my Medium readers. They are robotic voices, but it gets the job done and it's very easy to get started. You can even embed the player inside your own articles.
- ryan made this productAudm is an iOS app that lets you listen to audio versions of longform feature articles from publishers like The Atlantic, The New York Review of Books, ProPublica, Outside Magazine, Foreign Policy, and London Review of Books. The stories are read by audiobook narrators.
- Ambrose Leung made this productMy service works on all platforms - you just email the article URL to an email address (or use the Chrome Extension) and it will be added to your list your personal podcast feed is automatically updated as well. the unique feature that my service has is that you can tag articles and have them played by tag on the Amazon Echo. Obviously the parser may not work on all websites, so if it is doing TTS on text that is not relevant, just email me and I'll get that fixed.
- Voice Aloud Reader is still the only app I've ever paid for, just because I received so much value from the free, ad supported version. It plays almost any file type, syncs with Pocket, Dropbox, Google Drive and it's really easy to skip or go back a sentence or paragraph.
- Raman Shalupau made this productReal people narrate your content. REAL. PEOPLE. Synthesized voice is nowhere near. We are starting out with top HN articles and cryptocurrency whitepapers, but will soon start narrating any article or document on demand. Subscribe to keep tabs on our progress!
- Spencer Camp made this productRealiti News is a newer simple and beautiful audio news app that lets you listen to Wired, Time, Huffington Post, Mashable, TechCrunch, Reuters, Slate, and Gizmodo read to you by professional human narrators, each morning, when the daily feed is refreshed with the latest articles. :)