Learn how to use AI tools and integrations to craft leaner and meaner growth marketing strategies.
What do IBM, Nokia, Blackberry, Kodak and MySpace all have in common?
They were all titans once, until they all lost market share by failing to adapt to new technologies.
The following guide to AI for marketers will provide an overview of the ways in which AI tools and integrations can be utilized in growth marketing, with the aim of helping founders, makers and product marketers craft leaner and meaner marketing strategies. By the end, you should walk away with at least one great new idea for incorporating AI into your own marketing workflows.
To warm up, let’s take a look at 8 activities and key questions associated with developing a well-rounded marketing strategy.
Activities and key questions involved in establishing an effective product marketing strategy:
1. Define Your Target Audience
- Who are your customers?
- What are their pain points?
- What do they value?
2. Conduct Market Research
- Who are your competitors?
- What are they doing well and where are they falling short?
- How can you differentiate yourself from the competition?
3. Develop Your Unique Value Proposition
- What sets your product apart?
- How does your product solve your customers' problems?
- What are the benefits of using your product?
4. Determine Your Marketing Channels
- Where does your target audience spend their time online?
- What channels will be most effective for reaching them?
- How can you reach your audience at different stages of their buying journey?
5. Create a Content Marketing Strategy
- What type of content will you create? (e.g. blog posts, videos, infographics, etc.)
- How often will you publish new content?
- Who will create the content?
6. Utilize Social Media
- Which platforms will you use?
- How will you engage with your audience on social media?
- What type of content will you share on social media?
7. Use Paid Advertising
- What channels will you use for paid advertising (e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.)?
- How will you target your audience with paid advertising?
- What type of ads will you create?
8. Measure and Refine Your Marketing Strategy
- What metrics will you use to measure the success of your marketing efforts?
- How will you determine if your marketing strategy is working?
- How will you adjust your strategy if necessary?
Now let's take a look at the AI apps and marketing tools you can use to assist you with the above planning, execution and optimization tasks.
Plan: AI apps and resources for conducting market research, developing your USP, and defining your target audience
1. ChatGPT is great and all, but it’s still stuck in 2021. Use a tool like ChatSonic
to harness the power of ChatGPT but with real-time data, image results, and voice search.
2. Talk to more prospective customers faster with ConversAI
— a personal chat assistant that generates engaging responses to any message.
3. AI integrations like OpenAI in HubSpot CRM
can be used to identify customer pain points based on job titles and other prospect details, as well as drafting effective outbound messaging for email marketing and LinkedIn outreach.
4. Also built on OpenAI, AI Assist by airfocus
is a product management platform you can use to generate problem statements or new product ideas, analyze user feedback sentiment, simplify technical jargon, and write product documentation faster.
5. Go Holler
lets you create one-question surveys and receive AI-driven insights to identify trends and patterns in your data.
Execute: AI apps for defining your marketing channel mix, creating an SEO’d content strategy, and utilizing social and paid media
automates the entire content lifecycle with AI, including: keyword planning, NLP powered topic research, AI writing assistance, content optimization and publishing.
3. AI-powered apps like Booltool
and Product Launch AI
can help you efficiently create multi-channel social media campaigns from cornerstone text, audio, or video content and generate copy variations to help you achieve your launch goals.
4. Mokker Instant
offers handy one-click AI-background replacement for any image.
5. AI for Sheets by Cargo
integrates OpenAI’s ChatGPT with sheets to help marketing teams automate customer messaging and make spreadsheet-based workflows faster.
Refine: AI apps for measuring and refining your marketing strategy
1. Use an AI Writer like Laxis 2.0
to automatically generate meeting memos, follow up emails, customer requirements, and project updates.
2. Ignition 1.0
is an AI-enabled go-to-market and optimization platform designed to help PMMs ensure launches drive revenue by improving repeatability, team coordination, and measuring ROI.
3. Use a tool like CustomGPT
to train a ChatGPT-style chatbot on data and documentation related to your startup, and then use it to to produce personalized and detailed reports, respond to customer queries, provide actionable research insights, and more.
What have we missed?
Using AI in marketing can significantly reduce the time and resources needed for product launches and promotion, resulting in more efficient and impactful outcomes for founders, makers, and marketers.
We hope the tools in this curation help you define and reach your target audiences, differentiate your product from the competition, and create a lean and creative marketing strategy that delivers results.
How are you using AI to enhance your product marketing processes? 💬