What's your side project goal for 2024?

What's your goal(s) for your side project in 2024? Are you planning anything (small or big)? Changing things up? Would love to hear. Share away!

Replies

Carolline Miranda
Happy (almost) 2024, Bren! I'm excited about the upcoming year :) I'm currently working on two different products: 1. an emoji-based widget for indie SaaS products (launching in 3 weeks) and a Digital Sales Room for non-sales people. My goal is to quit my 9/5 in 1 year and embark on the journey of becoming a solo founder
Bren Kinfa ๐Ÿ’Ž SaaS Gems
@a_carolline_m_f Wow - that's awesome, Caroline! Quitting your 9-5 and then flying solo - definitely a commendable goal. :) All the best of luck this year ๐Ÿ‘
Yaroslav Berejnoi
@a_carolline_m_f Digital Sales Room for non-sales people? Sounds interesting, sign me up! I am just starting my journey as a solo founder as well. Good luck to you, and see you in the next year!
Gurkaran Singh
@a_carolline_m_f OMG! is there any early preview of your Digital Sales Room? i was also thinking about something similar cuz i faced issues in sales being a non-sales guy
Carolline Miranda
@thestarkster Nice! i'm working on it and plan to launch it in 2 months https://synca.framer.website/
Ali Ndlovu
Launching on PH in Feb and focusing on creating momentum. Would love to bootstrap through 2024 but I'm also open to raising should we hit the right milestones. How about you?
Bren Kinfa ๐Ÿ’Ž SaaS Gems
@ali_ndlovu Sounds like a good one ๐Ÿ‘ All the best to you, mate! As for me - I'm planning on completing 12 side projects throughout 2024.
Ali Ndlovu
@brenkinfa Wow that is quite the herculean effort. All the best to you too! I'm curious why 12?
Azada Shams
I am will be focusing on improving my skills.
Roland Marlow
Nothing new now. Everything I have has been started. I want to get a few things up to a more profitable level and then sell them, then just focus on only 1 or 2 projects.
Roland Marlow
To have no more side projects. This year I plan to focus on consolidation.
Porush Puri ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ
Scaling my Habit Tracker App to 1 Million Installs. That's my goal for 2024.
Porush Puri ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ
@elena_malneva Thanks, sure check us out at - https://21dayschallenge.app/ Currently, it's a very minimal app, but building it to a good offering soon.
Gurkaran Singh
@porush_puri 10 lac downloads, how you're planning to achieve it?
Porush Puri ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ
@thestarkster here's my simple plan - 1. Optimise Organic Listing Acquisition (currently 10K users visit my listing on the app/play store every month and only 20% convert, thinking to optimize it) 2. Create SEO Content and rank on habit tracker app keywords on Google (around 50K combined search traffic in this category) 3. Create Virality in the App (such that every user that installs is convinced enough to bring 3 more friends to the app) I already have 100K Installs, doing 1 and 2 to get another 100K more over the next 6 months, if every user brings 3 more that's 900K over a year.
Gurkaran Singh
@porush_puri that's really ambitious, bringing virality is the key these days, call it a growth hack or whatever, keep us posted what you implement to trigger a chain reaction
Marco Moauro
my goal would be to bring my AI-based Crypto newsletter quickviewai.substack.com to generate a monthly income greater than my current 9-18 worker salary, from how much I am dedicating on my personal projects I have realized how much time is lost in corporate work, spurring me to do more with the goal of disengaging and being financially independent!
Gurkaran Singh
@marco_moauro1 that would be insane, i am very much delighted to see how people are making use of AI, but i have a question are going to use existing models like GPT or Llama or going to train something of your own?
Gurkaran Singh
@marco_moauro1 hmm, expensive call, don't ya think?
Marco Moauro
@thestarkster Let's say it depends on how you use it, in my case the number of calls are fixed every day, I spend about 10cent $ per day
Amine
I'm launching on PH tomorrow. And then, the plan for 2024 is to scale the product to reach a profitable level.
Amine
@elena_malneva Thank you Elena! I am excited for the journey ahead, and your encouragement means a lot
Anuu Khan
Happy almost 2024! It sounds like you have exciting projects ahead, and the goal of becoming a solo founder is ambitious and admirable. Here are a few tips as you work towards your goal: 1. **Stay Focused:** - With two projects on your plate, it's crucial to stay focused. Prioritize tasks and set clear goals for each project to make progress steadily. 2. **Market Research:** - Understand your target audience for both the emoji-based widget and the Digital Sales Room. Identify their needs, pain points, and preferences to tailor your products effectively. 3. **Iterate Based on Feedback:** - Once your emoji-based widget is launched, gather feedback from users and be prepared to iterate on the product. Continuous improvement is key to meeting user expectations. 4. **Networking:** - Connect with other entrepreneurs, attend industry events, and build a network. Networking can open up opportunities, provide valuable advice, and offer support during your journey. 5. **Financial Planning:** - Plan your transition from a 9-to-5 job to full-time entrepreneurship carefully. Ensure you have a financial cushion to support yourself during the initial stages when your projects may not be generating substantial income. 6. **Build a Strong Online Presence:** - Establish a strong online presence for yourself and your projects. Leverage social media, create a website, and share your journey. This can help in building credibility and attracting users/customers. 7. **Continuous Learning:** - Stay updated on industry trends, tools, and best practices. Continuous learning is crucial in the ever-evolving landscape of entrepreneurship and technology. 8. **Take Care of Yourself:** - The journey of entrepreneurship can be demanding, so it's essential to take care of your physical and mental well-being. Set boundaries, take breaks, and ensure a healthy work-life balance. Remember that the entrepreneurial journey is often filled with ups and downs. Stay resilient, learn from challenges, and celebrate your successes along the way. Best of luck with your projects and your goal of becoming a solo founder! If you have specific questions or need advice on any aspect, feel free to ask. https://ayatulkursihindi786.com/
Moin Shaikh
Bren, am taking on on my solopreneur journey in 2024! I am working on building a SaaS platform to help other solopreneurs and indie makers growth hack and scale their product/startups.
Chalie Clark
My main purpose is to assist and provide information to the best of my abilities.
Gianluca Cinellu
Still busy getting out of beta my current project, a NextJS boilerplate, and already employing it as base for some new stuff I'm working on! To a new year full of releases!
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
Hey there! Your side project goals for 2024 sound really exciting. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans and the progress you make. By the way, I'm actually working on launching my own product soon. Do you have any advice for someone like me who's about to launch their own product? Also, I'd love to get your feedback once my product is live. Feel free to click on the "Notify" button to get notified when it's ready. Thanks in advance!
Mehul Ghodasara
I plan to work on the AI guide website, and my main focus is my SEO freelancing project.
Vivek Sharma
Developing our CRM and launching it on PH
Amanda Silmon
my goal would be to bring my AI-based Crypto newsletter quickviewai.substack.com to generate a monthly income greater than my current 9-18 worker salary, from how much I am dedicating on my personal projects I have realized how much time is lost in corporate work, spurring me to do more with the goal of disengaging and being financially independent!
Faiza Adeel
I would like to work on my small scale business and would like to be the best social media marketer ever!.
John Michael
Bren, am taking on on my solopreneur journey in 2024! I am working on building a SaaS platform to help other solopreneurs and indie makers growth hack and scale their product/startups.
Aleksa Teลกiฤ‡
Mine goal is to make my side project profitable, or even just break even.