What is your single best piece of advice for an early stage founder?

Lisa Dziuba
24 replies

Replies

Lisa Dziuba
@trevor_lee I think, founders should know when "to give up". If there is no product market fit, what's the point?
Joshua Dance
Build a cupcake. Not the whole product (the cake), but enough to be valuable and give people a taste that they can buy. Build and launch a cupcake as soon as possible.
Andrew 💥
Don't spend months building perfect, polished, fully functional MVP. > hack something simple with a no-code tool like Typedream or Softr 2.0 > start talking to customers and gathering feedback > quickly iterate, focus on value for the user > build something 100 people love, rather than 1,000 kinda like Heep (http://heep.so/) can match you with a no-code expert who works lean and can help you get started or power up.
Olya Zabalkanska
If you are on the business side, find a technical co-founder to share your passion Launch early, don't wait to build ideal product
Philip Snyder
Focus on the customer and the problem. Finding PMF should be main priority
YassineCoder
The only thing I can say, be patient, work daily, share the value for free, good luck
Lisa Dziuba
@krify_yassine working daily is easy when you see the results. At early stage startup, we can work without any results for months
Alessandro Canella
You will eventually hit a point of self-doubt. Do not let it overwhelm you. Go through this period strongly. :)
Lisa Dziuba
@alessandro_canella is this the time when you have no money left? :)
Alessandro Canella
@lisadziuba Not always! Self-doubt comes even when you have all the money in your pocket. Think about it.
Kevin Mayer
If you hate hiring, hire all your top people right away and then let them do the rest.
Daria
Find a team that believes in your idea
Odun Odubanjo
Always think about and focus on the path to revenue. Some products take longer to get there but your most strategic moves will be those that cut down the time to money in the bank.
Max Prilutskiy
My best piece of advice for an early-stage founder is to stay focused and determined. As the Stoic philosopher Epictetus once said, "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do." Starting a business can be incredibly challenging, and there will be plenty of obstacles and setbacks along the way. But if you are clear about your vision and stay committed to your goals, you can overcome anything. So, my advice is to stay true to yourself and your vision, and never let anything get in the way of your determination to succeed. With focus and persistence, you can turn your dreams into reality.
Micky Nguyen
My best piece of advice for an early-stage founder is about finding a right co-founder: Look for an individual with skills and talents that will complement your own. The ideal co-founder will possess the skills you lack. Regardless of how great/potential your idea is, having wrong co-founder will lead to failure.