What are simple ways to recharge your batteries?

Daria
45 replies
Hey hunters! Being involved in work for a long period of time leads to feeling exhausted and emotionally drained. But for our physical and mental well-being it is vital to take a few minutes each day to recharge our batteries to find the energy to get on with whatever lies ahead. Personally, I prefer taking a short walk with music. And how do you recharge your batteries to stay productive?

Replies

Ann
Go out for walks, listening to guided meditation, small stretch exercises, etc.
Ana-Maria Grigoriu
+ 1 for walks, playing with my cat, 5min stretching, short yoga sessions, searching online for skincare products, planning for weekend trips, watch the fish in my aquarium
Daria
@anagrigoriu Thanks for sharing! I liked searching online for cosmetics haha
Nikola Dimitrov
@anagrigoriu Fishes are boring :D But great answer overall.
nora voila
Alkaline batteries can be recharged. However, it is not considered to be value effective and does have a few dangers. Recharging any battery can cause the manufacturing of gasoline in the battery. Regards https://shoescly.com/
Srishty Chaudhary
Hi Daria, I simply start doing things that I like most and that includes reading, listenting music and taking a walk in nature. This refreshs my mind a bit and recharges me. Hence, I am able to resume my work productively.
Michael Silber
I play with my 1-year old son throughout the day (perk of WFH) or do some kettlebell swings to get the blood flowing and some endorphins
Vaibhav Taneja
I prefer to play with my dog and have lots of food to recharge my batteries :P
Daria
@vaibhav_taneja Great ways! Thank you for sharing!
Saksham Pathak
Doing a little bit of stretching and keeping down the devices helps me a lot.
Daria
@saksham_pathak Totally agree! Thank you a lot!
Cathy Patalas
getting out of the house, doesn't have to be far but even walking to a coffee shop and meeting up with friends is what works best for me
Daria
@kapatalas Thank you a lot for sharing!
Launching soon!
Spending time with your family and friends (not to forget your pet), taking a walk, watching a good movie, eating your favorite meal are some of the ways one can recharge their batteries.
Vanshika Chaturvedi
I read it long ago somewhere (otherwise I would have shared a direct link to it) It basically meant something like- If you are physically tired, mental activity will relax you and if you are mentally tired, physical activity will relax you! So when I am really tired with studies, work, and everything mentally exhausting- I do some quick on-the-spot exercises or take a short brisk walk or just take a 5-minute break and stretch like a cat just waking up from sleep- works wonders for me!
Daria
@vanshika_chaturvedi Yes, I've also read about it and I think it really works! Thanks a lot for reminding me this!
Lucia Liu
Good food and friends for sure🤩
Can
i think breaking your sport sessions help a lot! Instead of long walks I try to do 15 min small walks around the neighbourhood to clear my mind. This can be also applied to yoga, meditation sessions..
Fariz Hakim
Sometimes I just stare into nothing actually and try my best not to "think". I would also go for a walk if it's sunny and sit/stand under the sun.
Angi Bowman
- Setting boundaries to avoid work seeping into home life. If I'm constantly having to work late, my manager needs to know and I need to re-evaluate my work load. - Making sleep a priority. You can't recharge your batteries if you're running on empty. - Getting outside. A walk around the block does wonders for my battery, especially if it's with my wonderful husband. It's a time to vent, exercise and load up on that vitamin D! - Remembering to enjoy life. This means taking PTO and step away from the office and work to laugh with my kids, spend time with my husband, etc. - DANCING! I love zumba and werq. If I can burn calories, recharge my batteries and feel better? BONUS! For me, the daily recharge is fine but focusing on the healthy habits is where it's at.
Daria
@lucky__angi Wow, it is so helpful! Thank you a lot for your answer!
Yeah similar - usually a long walk for me listening to a Podcast 😀
Stanislav Kirdey
for me, it is staying away from the phone, news, and just reducing digital intake
Daria
@keer Yeah, I sometimes feel so tired from my phone. Thanks for sharing!
Maria-Cristina
I take consistent breaks throughout my day and honestly, I've found good balance by working around 4 hours per day and taking Fridays off. If you feel overwhelmed, take long walks in the nature or even the city if you don't have a forest/parks nearby. Take time off the screen, let your mind wander!
Daria
@miakiraki Work-life balance is a key factor! Thanks for sharing!
Brittany Joiner {Britt the Builder}
Take the pup for a walk! And also just sometimes even taking a short nap. I used to not believe in naps but recently I've started getting more into short ones (less than 30 min) and even though I don't totally fall asleep, it really does feel restful and recharging. I look up YouTube videos for 30 min meditation for naps and i find it really relaxing and helps me wake up ready to tackle the afternoon.
Daria
@britt_joiner Interesting way! Thanks for sharing!
Malcolm Jack
WFH really helps with this. Most days I'm out watering the garden over lunch time - getting a bit of sun (Vit D) every day. Once or twice a week I take and extended break and go for a run / bike ride - something that gets the heart going. What I could be doing better is getting more sleep - but with a day job + side project + family - this is the area of a little compromise (about 7 hours when I should be aiming 8 - 9)
Daria
@malcolm_jack Yeah, sleep is really important! Thanks a lot for sharing!