What are simple ways to recharge your batteries?

Daria
45 replies
Hey hunters! Being involved in work for a long period of time leads to feeling exhausted and emotionally drained. But for our physical and mental well-being it is vital to take a few minutes each day to recharge our batteries to find the energy to get on with whatever lies ahead. Personally, I prefer taking a short walk with music. And how do you recharge your batteries to stay productive?

Replies

Cathy Patalas
getting out of the house, doesn't have to be far but even walking to a coffee shop and meeting up with friends is what works best for me
Ana-Maria Grigoriu
+ 1 for walks, playing with my cat, 5min stretching, short yoga sessions, searching online for skincare products, planning for weekend trips, watch the fish in my aquarium
nora voila
Alkaline batteries can be recharged. However, it is not considered to be value effective and does have a few dangers. Recharging any battery can cause the manufacturing of gasoline in the battery. Regards https://shoescly.com/
Srishty Chaudhary
Hi Daria, I simply start doing things that I like most and that includes reading, listenting music and taking a walk in nature. This refreshs my mind a bit and recharges me. Hence, I am able to resume my work productively.
Michael Silber
I play with my 1-year old son throughout the day (perk of WFH) or do some kettlebell swings to get the blood flowing and some endorphins
Vaibhav Taneja
I prefer to play with my dog and have lots of food to recharge my batteries :P
Saksham Pathak
Doing a little bit of stretching and keeping down the devices helps me a lot.
Launching soon!
Spending time with your family and friends (not to forget your pet), taking a walk, watching a good movie, eating your favorite meal are some of the ways one can recharge their batteries.
Vanshika Chaturvedi
I read it long ago somewhere (otherwise I would have shared a direct link to it) It basically meant something like- If you are physically tired, mental activity will relax you and if you are mentally tired, physical activity will relax you! So when I am really tired with studies, work, and everything mentally exhausting- I do some quick on-the-spot exercises or take a short brisk walk or just take a 5-minute break and stretch like a cat just waking up from sleep- works wonders for me!
Daria
@vanshika_chaturvedi Yes, I've also read about it and I think it really works! Thanks a lot for reminding me this!
Lucia Liu
Good food and friends for sure🤩
Can
i think breaking your sport sessions help a lot! Instead of long walks I try to do 15 min small walks around the neighbourhood to clear my mind. This can be also applied to yoga, meditation sessions..
Fariz Hakim
Sometimes I just stare into nothing actually and try my best not to "think". I would also go for a walk if it's sunny and sit/stand under the sun.
Angi Bowman
- Setting boundaries to avoid work seeping into home life. If I'm constantly having to work late, my manager needs to know and I need to re-evaluate my work load. - Making sleep a priority. You can't recharge your batteries if you're running on empty. - Getting outside. A walk around the block does wonders for my battery, especially if it's with my wonderful husband. It's a time to vent, exercise and load up on that vitamin D! - Remembering to enjoy life. This means taking PTO and step away from the office and work to laugh with my kids, spend time with my husband, etc. - DANCING! I love zumba and werq. If I can burn calories, recharge my batteries and feel better? BONUS! For me, the daily recharge is fine but focusing on the healthy habits is where it's at.
Yeah similar - usually a long walk for me listening to a Podcast 😀
Daria
@maxwellcdavis Great way! What podcasts do you like?
Stanislav Kirdey
for me, it is staying away from the phone, news, and just reducing digital intake
Maria-Cristina
I take consistent breaks throughout my day and honestly, I've found good balance by working around 4 hours per day and taking Fridays off. If you feel overwhelmed, take long walks in the nature or even the city if you don't have a forest/parks nearby. Take time off the screen, let your mind wander!
Brittany Joiner {Britt the Builder}
Take the pup for a walk! And also just sometimes even taking a short nap. I used to not believe in naps but recently I've started getting more into short ones (less than 30 min) and even though I don't totally fall asleep, it really does feel restful and recharging. I look up YouTube videos for 30 min meditation for naps and i find it really relaxing and helps me wake up ready to tackle the afternoon.
Ann
Go out for walks, listening to guided meditation, small stretch exercises, etc.
Malcolm Jack
WFH really helps with this. Most days I'm out watering the garden over lunch time - getting a bit of sun (Vit D) every day. Once or twice a week I take and extended break and go for a run / bike ride - something that gets the heart going. What I could be doing better is getting more sleep - but with a day job + side project + family - this is the area of a little compromise (about 7 hours when I should be aiming 8 - 9)