Webflow or Framer?

Ryan Gilbert
4 replies
We just moved our website (https://loops.so/) from Webflow to Framer for a handful of reasons. -Cheaper (much cheaper!) -Faster -New features being added daily (or so it seems) -Super easy to add fun animations -More designer friendly than developer friendly Which are you using or default to? Have you switched from one to the other this year? Is there anything we may have overlooked by switching from Webflow to Framer?

Replies

Andrew Laurentiu
I have chosen Neither, as I have moved from Framer to Siter.io, because of two reasons: 1. Pricing structure 2. Functionality and simplicity. Firstly, the pricing structure of Siter.io is more appealing to me. Framer, while a great tool in its own right, didn't align well with my budgetary constraints. Siter.io, on the other hand, offers a variety of plans that cater to different budgets, which I find more suitable. Secondly, when it comes to functionality and simplicity, Siter.io shines in comparison to Framer. Although Framer has advanced features and customization options, it comes with a steep learning curve. In contrast, Siter.io manages to strike a balance between providing comprehensive features and maintaining user-friendliness.
Victor Kernes
At Hodinkee, we’ve used Framer over the past few months and have found it to be very intuitive, easy-to-use, and great for publishing landing pages for our Limited Editions and Brand Partnerships. I agree with your points @ryangilbert about it being faster and more designer friendly. I used Webflow for a project about two years ago and it’s night and day difference using Framer now. I much prefer Framer.
Max Yamp
Webflow is what I use almost primarily, and I hate it lol, but I love it too.
Ray Asaral
Great to read about your successful transition from Webflow to Framer. Your insights echo our own experiences at @glorify_app . Interestingly, our CEO, @buildwithomar recently addressed this very topic in a detailed video about two months ago - you might find it enlightening
. The benefits you mentioned - cost-effectiveness, speed, regular feature updates, ease of adding animations, and a design-centric environment - are points that we too found significantly beneficial with Framer. As for your question on potential oversights, it's worth noting that while Framer has been an excellent choice for our design-led team, it may not be the perfect fit for every organization. The choice between Framer and Webflow often comes down to whether your team leans more towards design or development. Webflow, for instance, boasts an advanced set of properties for developers like Web hooks API, which may be better suited for teams with a more development-focused approach. If your team, much like ours, is design-led and you appreciate the benefits of Framer, it sounds like you've made an excellent decision.