18,000+ words on how email can help your SaaS

Ryan Gilbert
6 replies
Hi PH! I'm excited to finally share the longest (and most challenging) piece of writing I've ever put together. It's called Email Marketing for SaaS and at 18,000 words it is basically a book on how your SaaS should utilize email for maximum results and profits. I'd love to hear your thoughts! What is your email strategy for your SaaS? Is there more you could be doing? https://loops.so/email-marketing...

Replies

Victor Kernes
I have yet to dig into this but can't wait. Such an accomplishment, Ryan! Great job!!
Ryan Gilbert
@victorkernes Thank you! I know it's not the easiest thing to just immediately dive into 😅 I'd love to hear your thoughts whenever you get around to it!
Luke Button
Love this Ryan! How long did it take to write this, super in depth
Ryan Gilbert
@luke_button Thanks! It's hard to directly put a time stamp on it since I basically wrote it in 2 parts. v1 was 10,000 words and took roughly ~1 full week for the main content... editing here and there around that as well. Then after seeing how it was doing/taking some reader feedback I re-worked it into the 18,000 words it is now. One of the main changes was going further in depth for each section and breaking it into actual "chapters". This revamp actually took longer than the initial pass since it still needed to flow as one piece but each chapter also needed to be strong enough to stand alone outside of the main guide. It'll likely be a sort of "living" document now where things are added or tweaked. I'll find a nice way to log the changes so that a reader can always tell when it was last updated.
Mila Dymnikova
Sounds useful, I’ll share it with my team!