We won Product of the Week - 5 tips so you can too!

Daniel Baum
59 replies
After an exhausting launch, Sleek Pay won Product of the Week! How we did it - 5 tips: 1) Be active in PH months before launch, creating relationships with other hunters 2) Get involved in PH micro-communities. Find your people and support each other 3) Speak to / DM successful hunters on Twitter & LinkedIn for advice (but can't be annoying about it, be genuine & mutually helpful) 4) Online right at 12:01am PST. The first few hours are critical 5) Always have at least one person on the team responding to comments Everyone will have their own strategy, but sharing a few pointers for the broader community! THANK YOU to everyone who supported us! Really love the PH community, and can't wait to keep sharing Sleek Pay!

Replies

Maria Batrin
Thanks for the helpful advice! Love that Product Hunt community is sharing and caring :)
Adam Andrascik
Great to hear Dan and looking forward to Sleek Pay's growth and evolution!
Sven Radavics
Product of the week is huge! Congrats!!
Julia Putzeys
Can you expand on the micro-communities? How do you find those?
Daniel Baum
@julia_putzeys Tbh... its hard. Keep being active in the community forums. Send direct messages to folks you're connecting with. Post discussions you think similar-minded folks will connect to. There's no right or wrong answer - be creative and consistent :)
Bernard Badó
This time thing has to be very important. Heard it over and over :)
Andrew C.
this was helpful, thanks
Rachee Jacobs
Congrats! Sounds like a lot of work went into it, so well done. Would also love to hear about how you found micro communities here on PH
Daniel Baum
@racheej Thanks Rachee! I provided some more guidance on finding micro communities above on @julia_putzeys post. But it's still ongoing, never easy to find
Brenna Donoghue
Congrats! And thanks for being at the helm of community building here with setting up the support sheet. Love this community helping each other out.
Daniel Burns
Congrats @daniel_baum 👏 and thanks for the tips!
Krishna Kumar
Thanks for the tips
Richa Sharma
Great inputs @daniel_baum! And CONGRATUALTIONS!!! 🚀 A few add-ons that I've come across while observing other launches: - You can join the Telegram group of Invincible Hunters: https://t.me/ProductHuntGlobal & https://www.reddit.com/r/GrowthH.... The Invincible Hunters have a WhatsApp group, and they're all amazingly awesome people! - Monday to Thursday are the best days to launch. Tuesday & Wednesday are crowded most of the time. - There's always a debate on whether to launch through a Hunter or not, but I've seen most of the successful launches by popular hunters. - You can find other successful products on PH and reach out to those who actively engage. - Always create your database BEFORE the launch and ensure you're not forcing anything. Ask for feedback and be prepared for just that. Keep all the commenters engaged, reach out to Upvoters and ask them to leave feedback (if they haven't already). - For more context and starting a conversation around your product, you can make your existing users leave feedback on how your product has helped them (helping them) or make your team share why they are a part of building the product. Share stories! I will create a detailed notion doc on launching on Product Hunt - pre-launch requisites, how to launch, and post-launch DOs & DON'Ts (share everything I have learned through observation/talking to other people). Please DM me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/writ... if you want me to share the doc.
Janet Granger
@daniel_baum Congratulations! And thanks for sharing.
Alessandro Canella
First of all Congratulations for cracking a big milestone! Handful of tips coming from an experienced maker is quite insightful, thank you Daniel for sharing it with us. Also this Product is SMART! Wishing you all the success for your future endeavours.
Daniel Baum
@alessandro_canella Thanks for the kind words! Would love for you to give Sleek a try (if you haven't yet) - find us at https://www.onsleek.com/
Software Guy (Aarvy)
Hi, congratulations on winning- Product of the week. 🎉 If you want me to review your product, ping me- thesoftwareguy1994 at gmail.com
Carl Magnus Behm
Wow congrats! And thanks for the advice. How well do you think the product should work before releasing it on PH? We just soft launched our MVP and is getting the first Beta testers into the application - but it is far from ready.
Jonathan Nass
@kaspian we launched our MVP of Outdone last December and got great reception (#5 product of the day + headline in the daily newsletter)! There's no harm in launching. It was such an awesome way to get tons of users to our LP to provide feedback. And that inspired/encouraged us to set out building the new version that we will be launching soon.
Daniel Baum
@kaspian @jonathan_nass I generally agree with Jonathan - early feedback, even on an MVP, can be really worthwhile - but I will say that arguing with a working product may be more helpful in driving users. Depends what your goal is
Carl Magnus Behm
@jonathan_nass @daniel_baum I think we are pretty far from finding our exakt target market and also how the product should be used. We are experimenting now with different kinds of personas and various use cases. I believe we need to have a little more confidence in one persona and one use case before launching broader. Otherwise it feels like the churn will be too high.
Burak SERPEN
Thank you for the great tips!
Nadezhda Babushkina
Thank you so much for sharing advice! So cool
Jonathan Nass
You forgot a big one — have a great product like Sleek Pay! There's no faking that part. 🤠 Thanks for the tips. I'll def apply these to our launch coming up later this year. Congrats on a great launch day and best of luck!
Daniel Baum
@jonathan_nass Hahah thanks Jonathan! We're still in the early stages though, lots of room to improve... as I'm sure with all PH launched products! Please give Sleek Pay a try and share any feedback you have :)