πŸ™€ 1200 followers on PH πŸŽ‰ (Do's and Dont's to win followers

AndrΓ© J
51 replies
What a fantastic global network of makers! Do's: 1. Be helpful, test products πŸ§ͺ 2. Recommend products you like to your network πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ 3. Give feedback that go bellow surface level 🌊 Don'ts 1. Don't write 5 word congratualation messages. They provide no value. πŸ’Ž 2. Don't post multiple community posts in one go. πŸ˜… 3. Don't use chat-gpt to write comments. Write from your heart! πŸ’– Did I miss any do's and dont's? How do you roll on PH? And thanks. Your a fantastic bunch of makers and hustlers πŸ„β€β™‚οΈ

Replies

Anastasiia Zvenigorodskaia
Totally agree. Sure, it takes some time, but the result is much more meaningful. This isn't just about gaining followers on Product Hunt; it's about how we approach business in general. When we look at users, seeing them first and foremost as individuals with their own personalities and interests, we open the door to connections, not just an increase in follower count. Through Product Hunt I've actually met several amazing friends. So, if you're into open source, Vue.js development, marketing, or improving productivity, I'd be thrilled to connect and possibly make new friends ❀️
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@zvenigorodskaia I have some questions. I'll DM you tomorrow, I have to finish some code atm, open source actually.
Business Marketing with Nika
πŸš€ you are a star! πŸ™Œβ­οΈ
Victor Detraz
Thanks for these insights, appreciate the timing of your post as I'm getting started with PH
James Wilson
OMG you are a star
Russ Halilov
"Don't use chat-gpt to write comments" - i wish more ppl read it. not only for PH but Twitter/Reddit/LI etc.
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@russ_halilov I can understand it if English is not your native language. But TBH id prefer bad English over ChatGPT lingo πŸ˜‚
Mansi Trivedi
Congratulations! πŸš€πŸŽ‰
Vincent Xu
You've nailed a solid list, AndrΓ©! I'd add that regularly engaging with others' posts by providing thoughtful insights can also help in building a genuine following, and always be authentic in your interactionsβ€”it's the currency of trust on PH!
Audrey Jake
πŸš€ you are a star! πŸ™Œβ­οΈ
George Aleesu
Insightful! Learnt something new.. thanks for sharing the dos & donts 🍻
Kartic L andrew
Congratulations! πŸš€πŸŽ‰
Atticus Li
I think I have about 25 followers. I will keep providing value and support other's products! Also, agreeing 100% don't use chatgpt to write comments. It reads like chatgpt, and it is always super generic.
Atticus Li
@dylancm We are launching Jobsolv on March 16th! 1-Click job search. Automated resume tailoring and apply! https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Anastasia Liamets
woohoo! πŸ₯‚ love your do's and don'ts especially about writing from your heart and being helpful
Daniel Zaitzow
yea just to piggy back on the #3 don't - I think the more you write as a person (not a robot) - the more people will resonate with you/your brand etc. In today's world - I think hyper technical speak / overly complex language is no longer valuable - get to the point and provide value in as few words as possible.
Nadia Zueva
Launching soon!
Congrats! I guess you missed one: to subscribe to other people (I see you have 1214 subscribers and 780 subscriptions). As a disclaimer: I don't see anything bad in that practice And totally agree about GPT upd: after your comment below, I would rewrite it to β€œfollow other interesting people”
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@nadiaaesty i dont thinkpump and dump works. If I see a bad ratio, i dont follow back. Needs to be Even steven or posetive IMO.
Simona O'Neill
Very nice πŸŽ‰! I will add 4. Be kind and supportive, but don’t be afraid to say what you really think.
Simona O'Neill
@sentry_co Yep 🀣.I am so kind but I'll put anyone on the grill when needed. Happy to hop on one myself too though πŸ˜‰. Maybe I should add #5. If you can give honest and constructive criticism, you should be open to taking it from others too!
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@simona_o_neill3 I usually open with a compliment, then spend the next part grilling like there is no tomorrow πŸ”₯ (then end with re-iterating the compliment, people only remember the first and the last bits anyway) I dunno who said it but, negative feedback should be surface level, positive should be deep. I dunno if it's the way todo it, but could be useful in some cases. what do you think?
Elly
It sounds easy, but it's so hard. ..