Your longest time working at the same company?

Daniel Engels
16 replies
A 100-year old Brazilian set a record of working 84 years at the same company. He started as a salesman at 16 years old and keeps working. How about you? What's your longest tenure at the same company?

Replies

Tim Fern
84 years?! Amazing! 6 years at Verizon and 4.5 at Facebook
Daniel Engels
@tim_fern I heard that the vast majority of employees of Facebook quit after 4 or 5 years at most. Is it true?
Tim Fern
@daniel_engels I don't have any data to refute or support it but I suspect the vesting schedule of initial stock allocation plays a role in it.
Guillaume Mathieu
18 years! Well, it was quite a big multinational company, so had the opportunity to be dispatched around in various subsidiaries/countries, but still kept my contract in the mothership for 18 years.
Daniel Engels
@guillaume_mathieu1 that's impressive. Such long tenures become rare nowadays. Hope your loyalty got rewarded with excellent working conditions and an upward career path!
Ezzat Suhaime
Haven’t worked at a company yet, but if there was a company I was passionate about and that provided services that I absolutely believed in, I would absolutely be just as loyal.
Launching soon!
I've been working at my current company for ten years (from February 2012). I developed a product called Bravo while working here, and now I am a director of product management in my company.
Daniel Engels
@qudsia_ali Did you join the company at an early stage as one of the first employees?
Tanoy Chowdhury
That's a commendable record! I'm in my fourth full-time job. And, the longest I have been in a single company is 3.5 years.
Daniel Engels
@tanoy27 I guess 3.5 years is pretty much in the average for marketers. Anyone with less than 1 year might be labelled "job-hopper" by the recruiters. (It was 2 years a decade ago, but the pace is faster nowadays).
Gurpinder Singh
Its been almost 4 years at my current company. During this time period I have worked on multiple products, multiple roles and learned a lot. Its a great experience so far as I am doing the things which I like to do.
Dow Osage
12 years and counting, if the spinoff can still be counted as the same company.