Your longest time working at the same company?

Daniel Engels
16 replies
A 100-year old Brazilian set a record of working 84 years at the same company. He started as a salesman at 16 years old and keeps working. How about you? What's your longest tenure at the same company?

Replies

Tanoy Chowdhury
That's a commendable record! I'm in my fourth full-time job. And, the longest I have been in a single company is 3.5 years.
Daniel Engels
@tanoy27 I guess 3.5 years is pretty much in the average for marketers. Anyone with less than 1 year might be labelled "job-hopper" by the recruiters. (It was 2 years a decade ago, but the pace is faster nowadays).
Guillaume Mathieu
18 years! Well, it was quite a big multinational company, so had the opportunity to be dispatched around in various subsidiaries/countries, but still kept my contract in the mothership for 18 years.
Daniel Engels
@guillaume_mathieu1 that's impressive. Such long tenures become rare nowadays. Hope your loyalty got rewarded with excellent working conditions and an upward career path!
Ezzat Suhaime
Haven’t worked at a company yet, but if there was a company I was passionate about and that provided services that I absolutely believed in, I would absolutely be just as loyal.
Launching soon!
I've been working at my current company for ten years (from February 2012). I developed a product called Bravo while working here, and now I am a director of product management in my company.
Daniel Engels
@qudsia_ali Did you join the company at an early stage as one of the first employees?
Gurpinder Singh
Its been almost 4 years at my current company. During this time period I have worked on multiple products, multiple roles and learned a lot. Its a great experience so far as I am doing the things which I like to do.
Daniel Engels
@gurpinder_singh glad to hear you're fulfilled at your company
Dow Osage
12 years and counting, if the spinoff can still be counted as the same company.
Tim Fern
84 years?! Amazing! 6 years at Verizon and 4.5 at Facebook
Daniel Engels
@tim_fern I heard that the vast majority of employees of Facebook quit after 4 or 5 years at most. Is it true?
Tim Fern
@daniel_engels I don't have any data to refute or support it but I suspect the vesting schedule of initial stock allocation plays a role in it.