Which methods do you employ to maintain focus throughout your day?

Shaur ul Asar
50 replies

Replies

Italo Costa | System Developer
Working 1 hour straight, focused and 15 minutes away from the computer.
Stephen Wilkes
I like to start each day with a plan of what I want to accomplish. I also find it helpful to break tasks up into smaller chunks, so that I'm only focused on one task at a time. This helps me to stay motivated and on track.
Luke Skyward
- It starts the day before. You should prioritize the tasks that you want to do the next day - Wake up early and do the most important thing as soon as possible - Maintain the focus by using 50-10 Pomodoro. Full focus, full rest. It works wonders for me. What do you think?
Bryan McAnulty
@olearningcurve agreed with the first 2 points. If you are really in the zone, 50-10 pomodoro could be breaking focus, at least for me. Instead, I track the time I am actually working down to the minute (started doing this in 2018) this way it is very clear exactly how much work I want to get done for the rest of the day.
Luke Skyward
@bryanmcanulty That's true. However, Pomodoro turns out to be helpful on rough days, at least for me. No free lunch :)
Take short 10-15 minute breaks after every 3 hours to feel refreshed! 🙂
Aditi Rao
- First off,Sleep is so crucial for me. I try to get at least 8-10 hours of sleep everyday, and it really helps me maintain focus throughout the rest of my day. - I also try to go out for a walk in the mornings to get some. fresh air, and it helps me to set some clarity and focus for the rest of my day. -Lastly, Prioritisation is key to get things done!
Rashellee Herrera
@aditi_rao1 10 hours??? Why do I feel like you have little more than 24 hours in your day hahahah!. I agree though. without a goodnight sleep. The next day is minimally productive.
Jayden Jameson
Personally, I swear by the Pomodoro Technique! 25 minutes of focused work followed by a 5-minute break keeps me super productive. 💪
Alex Ivanovskii
I've recently started recording a voice message about how it went at the end of every workday and then copying the transcribed version to my weekly notion page. Surprisingly this tiny feedback loop helps a lot to reflect on what exactly I am doing and if I'm doing the right thing fo today
Steve Lou
@alexey_ivanovsky1 super interesting! Which tool do you use to transcribe your audio?
Bryan McAnulty
@alexey_ivanovsky1 I don't use Notion so not familiar if you could set this up with Notion AI, but I'd highly recommend taking that transcription, and then having a set prompt, or prompts you run against it that can help provide further analysis for you at a glance, and make comparisons over time, without you having to read through or think about the transcription too much yourself. AI is great at rating things based on a set of guidelines. So it could even rate something like your mood/confidence over time, or the scale of your accomplishments/work completed.
Alex Ivanovskii
@steve_lourdessamy i'm using telegram as a primary messenger and it has a pretty decent in-build audio-to-text functionality
Elena Tsemirava
During the day, I periodically take breaks for physical activity, for example, for an exercise bike or a walk in the forest. This helps to relax, and then continue to work effectively.
Christopher Nguyen
Work on the easiest, simplest task first 😀
Martha Snooper
Have enough sleep and eat healthy food.
Akriti Nayal
Start the day early and have a plan for the rest of the day
Steve Lou
Using the Pomodoro technique (25-5 so I can force myself to divide big tasks into sizeable ones). Also, I turn off my phone notifications when I need extra-concentration.
Leon Fisher
Starting my day with a clear to-do list and prioritizing tasks using the Eisenhower Matrix has transformed my focus levels. It's all about tackling what's truly important!
Abhinay kumar
Keep a plan of the day's work in excel, usually do walks at regular intervals especially after lunch to avoid post-lunch laziness. I also like to listen to lo-fi or instrumental music if I am going for longer stretches of focussed work.
Sandra Moore
To maintain focus throughout my day, I employ methods such as setting specific goals with clear deadlines, breaking tasks into manageable chunks, using the Pomodoro Technique to establish work intervals, eliminating distractions by silencing notifications and creating a dedicated workspace, incorporating regular breaks to rest and rejuvenate, and staying hydrated and nourished with balanced meals and snacks.
Moritz Tomasi
Just don't overdo it. If motivation is lacking i probably need a break. If motivation is at 100% i don't really need to maintain anything, because i can't stop being productive. If motivation is low i put my phone into "F**k off" mode, close Slack, stop checking emails, take a piece of paper and write down small and achievable tasks. If motivation is at 0% i close my laptop and do something else. No point in forcing it. It's better to just relax and come back strong. Shameless plug: We just launched 🚀 (https://www.producthunt.com/post...)
I use the Pomodoro technique.
Matthew Everett
I prefer meditating. And power nap to get rid of laziness
Adam no
Curvy Gyals Fajas is a best web store for women shapewear because it offers a wide variety of high-quality shapewear products at affordable prices. The store has a wide selection of body shapers, waist trainers, and other shapewear garments to help women of all shapes and sizes look and feel their best. Curvy Gyals Fajas also offers a variety of colors and styles to choose from, so you can find the perfect shapewear to flatter your figure and complement your wardrobe.
Lee Meiri
Music !! depending on the task, I might listen to lo-fi beats. Music without lyrics often helps me concentrate better 🎧