Which methods do you employ to maintain focus throughout your day?

Shaur ul Asar
50 replies

Replies

Take short 10-15 minute breaks after every 3 hours to feel refreshed! 🙂
Stephen Wilkes
I like to start each day with a plan of what I want to accomplish. I also find it helpful to break tasks up into smaller chunks, so that I'm only focused on one task at a time. This helps me to stay motivated and on track.
Luke Skyward
- It starts the day before. You should prioritize the tasks that you want to do the next day - Wake up early and do the most important thing as soon as possible - Maintain the focus by using 50-10 Pomodoro. Full focus, full rest. It works wonders for me. What do you think?
Bryan McAnulty
@olearningcurve agreed with the first 2 points. If you are really in the zone, 50-10 pomodoro could be breaking focus, at least for me. Instead, I track the time I am actually working down to the minute (started doing this in 2018) this way it is very clear exactly how much work I want to get done for the rest of the day.
Luke Skyward
@bryanmcanulty That's true. However, Pomodoro turns out to be helpful on rough days, at least for me. No free lunch :)
Aditi Rao
- First off,Sleep is so crucial for me. I try to get at least 8-10 hours of sleep everyday, and it really helps me maintain focus throughout the rest of my day. - I also try to go out for a walk in the mornings to get some. fresh air, and it helps me to set some clarity and focus for the rest of my day. -Lastly, Prioritisation is key to get things done!
Rashellee Herrera
@aditi_rao1 10 hours??? Why do I feel like you have little more than 24 hours in your day hahahah!. I agree though. without a goodnight sleep. The next day is minimally productive.
Jayden Jameson
Personally, I swear by the Pomodoro Technique! 25 minutes of focused work followed by a 5-minute break keeps me super productive. 💪
Alex Ivanovskii
I've recently started recording a voice message about how it went at the end of every workday and then copying the transcribed version to my weekly notion page. Surprisingly this tiny feedback loop helps a lot to reflect on what exactly I am doing and if I'm doing the right thing fo today
Steve Lou
@alexey_ivanovsky1 super interesting! Which tool do you use to transcribe your audio?
Bryan McAnulty
@alexey_ivanovsky1 I don't use Notion so not familiar if you could set this up with Notion AI, but I'd highly recommend taking that transcription, and then having a set prompt, or prompts you run against it that can help provide further analysis for you at a glance, and make comparisons over time, without you having to read through or think about the transcription too much yourself. AI is great at rating things based on a set of guidelines. So it could even rate something like your mood/confidence over time, or the scale of your accomplishments/work completed.
Alex Ivanovskii
@steve_lourdessamy i'm using telegram as a primary messenger and it has a pretty decent in-build audio-to-text functionality
Elena Tsemirava
During the day, I periodically take breaks for physical activity, for example, for an exercise bike or a walk in the forest. This helps to relax, and then continue to work effectively.
Christopher Nguyen
Work on the easiest, simplest task first 😀
Martha Snooper
Have enough sleep and eat healthy food.
Akriti Nayal
Start the day early and have a plan for the rest of the day
Steve Lou
Using the Pomodoro technique (25-5 so I can force myself to divide big tasks into sizeable ones). Also, I turn off my phone notifications when I need extra-concentration.
Leon Fisher
Starting my day with a clear to-do list and prioritizing tasks using the Eisenhower Matrix has transformed my focus levels. It's all about tackling what's truly important!
Abhinay kumar
Keep a plan of the day's work in excel, usually do walks at regular intervals especially after lunch to avoid post-lunch laziness. I also like to listen to lo-fi or instrumental music if I am going for longer stretches of focussed work.
Sandra Moore
To maintain focus throughout my day, I employ methods such as setting specific goals with clear deadlines, breaking tasks into manageable chunks, using the Pomodoro Technique to establish work intervals, eliminating distractions by silencing notifications and creating a dedicated workspace, incorporating regular breaks to rest and rejuvenate, and staying hydrated and nourished with balanced meals and snacks.
Moritz Tomasi
Just don't overdo it. If motivation is lacking i probably need a break. If motivation is at 100% i don't really need to maintain anything, because i can't stop being productive. If motivation is low i put my phone into "F**k off" mode, close Slack, stop checking emails, take a piece of paper and write down small and achievable tasks. If motivation is at 0% i close my laptop and do something else. No point in forcing it. It's better to just relax and come back strong. Shameless plug: We just launched 🚀 (https://www.producthunt.com/post...)
I use the Pomodoro technique.
Matthew Everett
I prefer meditating. And power nap to get rid of laziness
Adam no
Curvy Gyals Fajas is a best web store for women shapewear because it offers a wide variety of high-quality shapewear products at affordable prices. The store has a wide selection of body shapers, waist trainers, and other shapewear garments to help women of all shapes and sizes look and feel their best. Curvy Gyals Fajas also offers a variety of colors and styles to choose from, so you can find the perfect shapewear to flatter your figure and complement your wardrobe.
Italo Costa | System Developer
Working 1 hour straight, focused and 15 minutes away from the computer.
Lee Meiri
Music !! depending on the task, I might listen to lo-fi beats. Music without lyrics often helps me concentrate better 🎧