Which Chrome alternative should i use?

Mutlu Sakar
15 replies
I wanna switch from Chrome. Main reasons: speed and privacy. What do you offer?

Replies

Baran Gürcan
Customization: Firefox is highly customizable, allowing users to personalize their browser experience. Users can add extensions, themes, and customize the toolbar to suit their needs. Privacy: Firefox is dedicated to protecting its users' privacy. It has built-in privacy features like tracking protection, which blocks online trackers, and a private browsing mode that doesn't save browsing history or cookies. Tab management: Firefox has a robust tab management system that allows users to organize and manage their tabs with ease. Users can pin tabs, group tabs, and switch between them quickly. Performance: Firefox has made significant improvements in performance in recent years. It now uses less memory and is faster than ever before. Sync: Firefox allows users to sync their bookmarks, history, and passwords across devices, making it easy to access their favorite sites and logins from anywhere. Developer tools: Firefox has a powerful set of developer tools that allow web developers to debug, inspect, and test their websites. Accessibility: Firefox is committed to accessibility and has built-in features like a reader mode, which simplifies web pages for easier reading, and support for screen readers.
Kacper Srodecki
Opera 💪 Best design, it's fast and never crashes, incognito version has VPN built in.
Arda Diker
Give a try to Firefox if you are using PC. Pretty fast. For Mac, Arc looks interesting
Subhendu Pratap Singh
Try the new Edge with built-in bing + ChatGPT, it is really good.
Vishal Patel
depending on your needs and preferences. Here are some popular options: Mozilla Firefox - Firefox is a popular open-source browser that offers strong privacy protections and customizable features. Microsoft Edge - Microsoft's Edge browser is based on the same technology as Google Chrome but offers some unique features, such as a built-in reading mode and the ability to annotate web pages. Safari - Safari is Apple's default web browser and is available on Mac and iOS devices. It offers strong privacy protections and is optimized for macOS and iOS. Brave - Brave is a privacy-focused browser that blocks ads and trackers by default. It also offers a built-in cryptocurrency wallet and supports decentralized web technologies. Opera - Opera is a fast and customizable browser that offers a built-in VPN and ad blocker. Ultimately, the best browser for you depends on your individual needs and preferences. You may want to try out a few different options to see which one works best for you.
Mutlu Sakar
@vishal_patel15 Thank you for this detailed reply :) I didn't know about Edge's reading mode, i will look at it.
Spencer Zeng
I've recently switched from Chrome to Arc. It takes a bit to get used to, but the experience is nice. Having split views is much better than having separate Chrome windows side-by-side. Lots of hotkeys and a command palette so you don't need to use your mouse much.
Mitchell Sanders
The Firefox web browser is widely used because of its high level of security and flexibility.