Which Chrome alternative should i use?

Mutlu Sakar
15 replies
I wanna switch from Chrome. Main reasons: speed and privacy. What do you offer?

Replies

Spencer Zeng
I've recently switched from Chrome to Arc. It takes a bit to get used to, but the experience is nice. Having split views is much better than having separate Chrome windows side-by-side. Lots of hotkeys and a command palette so you don't need to use your mouse much.
Kacper Srodecki
Opera 💪 Best design, it's fast and never crashes, incognito version has VPN built in.
Arda Diker
Give a try to Firefox if you are using PC. Pretty fast. For Mac, Arc looks interesting
Subhendu Pratap Singh
Try the new Edge with built-in bing + ChatGPT, it is really good.
Vishal Patel
depending on your needs and preferences. Here are some popular options: Mozilla Firefox - Firefox is a popular open-source browser that offers strong privacy protections and customizable features. Microsoft Edge - Microsoft's Edge browser is based on the same technology as Google Chrome but offers some unique features, such as a built-in reading mode and the ability to annotate web pages. Safari - Safari is Apple's default web browser and is available on Mac and iOS devices. It offers strong privacy protections and is optimized for macOS and iOS. Brave - Brave is a privacy-focused browser that blocks ads and trackers by default. It also offers a built-in cryptocurrency wallet and supports decentralized web technologies. Opera - Opera is a fast and customizable browser that offers a built-in VPN and ad blocker. Ultimately, the best browser for you depends on your individual needs and preferences. You may want to try out a few different options to see which one works best for you.
Mutlu Sakar
@vishal_patel15 Thank you for this detailed reply :) I didn't know about Edge's reading mode, i will look at it.
Baran Gürcan
Customization: Firefox is highly customizable, allowing users to personalize their browser experience. Users can add extensions, themes, and customize the toolbar to suit their needs. Privacy: Firefox is dedicated to protecting its users' privacy. It has built-in privacy features like tracking protection, which blocks online trackers, and a private browsing mode that doesn't save browsing history or cookies. Tab management: Firefox has a robust tab management system that allows users to organize and manage their tabs with ease. Users can pin tabs, group tabs, and switch between them quickly. Performance: Firefox has made significant improvements in performance in recent years. It now uses less memory and is faster than ever before. Sync: Firefox allows users to sync their bookmarks, history, and passwords across devices, making it easy to access their favorite sites and logins from anywhere. Developer tools: Firefox has a powerful set of developer tools that allow web developers to debug, inspect, and test their websites. Accessibility: Firefox is committed to accessibility and has built-in features like a reader mode, which simplifies web pages for easier reading, and support for screen readers.
Mitchell Sanders
The Firefox web browser is widely used because of its high level of security and flexibility.