What kind of SAAS trends do you anticipate in 2023?

Yash
20 replies
I personally think generative ai is going to go mainstream in 2023, bringing about a huge revolution for jobs across design and writing. Most of the opportunity is going to be around platform building and monetisation using the underlying models.

Replies

Amey More
In 2023, we can expect to see continued adoption of subscription-based business models in the SaaS industry, as well as increased use of data analytics and AI to improve the customer experience. Remote work and collaboration will also drive the adoption of SaaS products, and companies may focus on sustainability and social responsibility as key factors in their operations.
V M
Maybe an AI that is close to being sentient
Upen V
Been in SaaS space for sometime and frequently write about trends at Micro SaaS Ideas - microsaasidea.com Below are a few: - AI space - Marketplaces - Closed communities
Fabian Maume
Inflation will be a trend to follow. SaaS businesses tend to be quite sensitive to inflation as it is hard to update pricing.
Rajewin Belen
Wow! Saas to simplify tax filing.. ;)
Asger
I think we can expect to see the continued adoption of cloud computing, the use of AI and machine learning for automating mundane tasks, and more pay-as-you-go pricing models. Additionally, companies will likely shift their focus from traditional marketing strategies to strategies that prioritize customer experience and satisfaction.
Mike Nash
Hard to ignore the recent advances in generative AI, to your point @yashthakker - buckle up for a whole wave of 'new breed' chatbots roaming the streets at a minimum. The cost of short form content creation is going to zero, fast. I mean, I just saw this today: https://www.producthunt.com/post... . I see 2023 bringing a tidal wave of content moderation and filtering problems to all things social media. Good luck, Twitter... For SaaS, embedding generative AI in a natural, assistive way to drive productivity is where it's at. I think UX+AI is the differentiator for new breed SaaS with any sort of content component - to end users, SaaS apps that win will need to feel like they're shipping with 'magic', not loaded with 'shitty chatbots'. Don't be the latter!
Hemant Warier
In 2023, I anticipate a continued focus on accessibility and ease of use for SAAS products. As more and more people rely on technology to get work done, there will be an increased demand for software that is intuitive and user-friendly. Another trend I see emerging is the integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning into SAAS products. This will allow for more personalized and efficient experiences for users, as well as the ability to automate certain tasks and processes. Finally, I expect to see a greater emphasis on data privacy and security as consumers become more aware of the importance of protecting their personal information. This will drive the development of innovative security measures and protocols for SAAS products. If you're interested in staying up-to-date on these and other SAAS trends, I recommend following industry thought leaders and attending relevant conferences and events. I also suggest subscribing to newsletters and joining online communities or forums to stay connected with others in the industry.
Krishna Kumar
As economies continue to be under pressure, Companies and individuals will look to reduce their costs. One significant area of costs that would be looked at with a fine toothed comb would be It costs. Mega umbrella subscriptions will be questioned and will be replaced by cheaper micro SaaS solutions that would do just the part that that org needs.
Joseph Abraham
1. Adaptive and responsive AI will permeate SaaS 2. Metaverse could see strong B2B use cases beyond mere meetings and communities 3. AI and security will be a huge theme 4. Industrial 4.0 could see vertical SaaS penetrate new sectors 5. The line between SaaS and PaaS could get further blurred with no-code, low-code and reusable code
phprunner
Everything AI-related. Also nocode and lowcode will continue to grow.
Alex@epsifund
I think SaaS will continue being a real winner amidst economic challenges and VC funding drying up as SaaS business model allows to reach profitability fairly quickly. Further development of revenue-based funding models and other alternative capital raising approaches will boost SaaS businesses as one of the most obvious targets of such funding! I remain incredibly bullish on genuine SaaS and especially those projects that support a larger ecosystem or, in fact, create an ecosystem of their own!
Venkat Reddy Chintalapudi
Extensive AI by leveraging ML & DL towards data-driven insights and predictions