What is the strangest thing you schedule time for in your calendar?

Brenna Donoghue
91 replies
If you live and breathe by your calendar, what do you block time for beyond the usual meetings and events?

Replies

Sarah Jordi
Focus time, gym/run/surf, walking to and from meetings, coffee or drinks with friends, naps, new episodes of apple tv shows that come out on Thursdays or Fridays πŸ˜… all neatly planned in my Morgen calendar.
Nik Hazell
I've got surfing booked in πŸ˜… 🌊
Brenna Donoghue
@nik_hazell Yeah, you've got your priorities right
Sarah Jordi
@nik_hazell hah I do the same for the months I work remote! And leaving it open for my team to see that I'm surfing (not just "busy" status) because I want people to see the reason and that it's okay to block time for these things.
Nik Hazell
@sarahxjo Yes, for sure - don't sneak around! If you're doing it, it's for your productivity and overall balance :)
Ofir Englin
prob getting haircut lolπŸ˜…
Brenna Donoghue
@ofirenglin πŸ˜‚ My first instinct was to laugh at this, but then I realized how long it's been since I got my hair cut. You might be onto something!
Juste Semetaite
Kid's football & swimming practices πŸ˜‚
Brenna Donoghue
@siddhartha_dange I think I have the opposite... deadlines to cancel subscriptions!
Brenna Donoghue
@anna_mandziuk πŸ˜… it would be awkward to forget that! Hope that means you take the day off!
Michal Matlon
Calling my grandma, watering my plants, and replacing water in my bug out bag.
Brenna Donoghue
The internet just gave @michal_matlon a collective awwwwwww with that first one! 😍
Gaurav Goyal
Picking up my kid from school :)
Brenna Donoghue
@gauravgoyal_gg don't want to forget that! 😬 (I do the same, but it's mostly to remind others that I can't take meetings at that time!)
Sanghita Dey
lunch time has been a thing for me
Brenna Donoghue
Ha, @david_tedaldi1 from our team does this too and I've never been able to understand the need to remind myself to eat!
Rohan Rashinkar
Breakfast, launch, dinner and sleep :)
Angeli Zhao
Buying conditioner? adulting amirite...
Brenna Donoghue
@angeli_ remember being a kid and thinking being an adult was going to so glamorous and cool. Yep, and here we are, scheduling time to buy conditioner.
Angeli Zhao
@brenna_donoghue so true. I look at shopping karts and all I wish for is to go back to a time when i can fit into the seats.
amrin
take shower πŸ˜…
Archisman Das
1. Replying to specific emails. 2. Surfing / Participating in online communities am part of
Brenna Donoghue
So that number 2, does that mean this interaction was part of a scheduled PH time? Thanks!
Aaikansh Agrawal
Contribute more on product hunt to score points!
Frankie Zhang
Taking a nap πŸ˜…
Jasper Ruijs
I schedule the time to schedule a specific appointment.
KJV
Watering flowers. Not sure if anybody else does this -))))
Brenna Donoghue
@julia_bitsens my husband does this too! Unlike me, he doesn't kill the plants in our house so I guess there is something to it!
julia kazlova
@julia_bitsens @brenna_donoghue oh, im in a good company !)) I have special counter app, this is really watering-flowers-management tool, can't imagine how to do it otherwise)
Saloni Jain
For dermatologist appointment :P
Nilay Jayswal
20 mins office nap break
Vina Lapkes
Sometimes I schedule breaks :)