What is the best way you enter in contact with someone you don’t know?

Maxime Néau
59 replies
I am curious, do you send them an email, a connection request on linkedin/twitter mentioning something super personalised? What we found working the best by far is to shoot a video, sharing our screen with their website or social media profile in the background to make them want to click and watch the video. But doing this 1-to-1 simply takes too much time. That’s why we created RepliQ, to do this at SCALE. We are launching the first time today! Please support us on our important day! Would be happy to help you back in any way : https://www.producthunt.com/post... Cheers! Max

Replies

Anthony Rees
I'm always just random chatting to random people physically and online. Can meet some super cool people but there's also the occasional rude person 😂
Satish Kumar Veluri
Nice Idea, I think I should try this for sure👍
Burcu Zeynep Konuk
As a sales manager, I'm constantly looking for answers to this question. Congrats on the launch! I will definitely try 🙌🏼
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
I try to gather a little knowledge about the person and then create a situation where I can start a conversation (whether in person, via LinkedIn or e-mail) with the person about a topic where we have common ground.
Maxime Néau
@derstartupcfo did you try to shoot a video to introduce yourself?
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
@maximerepliq not yet but it seems to be an awesome idea ill definitely try it
Nathan Kridler
Great idea, just signed up!
Shushant Lakhyani
RepliQ seems to be a promising product
Andrew Mason
According to my opinion, start a conversation with that person.
Maxwell Goldstein
Its all about finding the right channels! I find that the big ones (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) are largely ineffective given all the noise and perceived spam. Any product to improve conversion and conversations I am highly in favor of!
Maxime Néau
@mdiggy hehe thats why we created RepliQ to solve this issue ! Check it out and support us in our today launch :) https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Thomas Varekamp
I love this idea. Upvoted!
phprunner
Personalized videos are a great idea. Even if they do not engage right away, they will remember you.
Maxime Néau
@sergey_kornilov1 100% and you increase your reply rate for the following message in your sequence! We try to do that with RepliQ, if you like the idea don't hesitate to support our launch : https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Harshavardhan Reddy
Max, all the best and what you said is ture, that is what i am doing too.. a short video which explain things really worked to get in to contact.. it may take a while but will work.. your product will help many... ALL THE VERY BEST...and looking forward..
Maxime Néau
@harsha_vardhan01 Thanks for your kind words ! Yes videos for me are the best way to enter in contact with someones (except if you have the possibility for a physical meeting of course)
Raju Sivaram
If its professional, It is always Linked-In
MaheshVarma Kanumuri
Congrats on your launch and looking forward to work on this product as it is super interesting. Great Work @maximerepliq
Sakshi Gahlawat
Great idea and best of luck Maxime!!
Eugene Yarovoii
I always study social networks to understand the best topic for starting a conversation. Congrats!
Shaur ul Asar
Personalized videos are a great idea. They can be a good way to start a conversation or remind people about your business.
MaheshVarma Kanumuri
All the best @maximerepl. Very Intresting Product. I will look into your product ASAP.
Robert Ford
I don't usually go up to someone that I don't know, so all my contacts happen through mutual friends, colleagues and people who I really want to meet. The best way that I've found is: if your friend puts an event on Facebook, you can tag yourself as a friend of the event without them even knowing this.