What are your biggest marketing struggles?

Sandra Djajic
39 replies
Hi! I really enjoy marketing, so please link your product and tell me what your biggest marketing struggles are. Maybe we can figure out a solution together?

Replies

Jacopo Proietti
@sandradjajic Great initiative Sandra, at Dokin (https://www.producthunt.com/post...) the biggest Marketing struggle is competing with well funded names that can afford to spend a lot on paid ads
Iaroslav Chuikov
The biggest marketing struggle ever is founders' common opinions / pitfalls like "development first", "good product doesn't need marketing" and so on popular bullshit :-)
Mansi Trivedi
I think the biggest issue is, where to start. The first step is always the hardest and we all know there is no set formula of marketing that works for everyone so finding the kick start is the toughest challenge according to me.
@mansi_trivedi1 totally agree! Where to start, especially being on a low budget, you’re trying to figure out the best way to street how every $$.
@mansi_trivedi1 That's a great point! I think organic traffic should be the basic if you are low budget (e.g. SEO). @sandradjajic , what do you think?
@mansi_trivedi1 @alessio_mavica I'm not a big fan of long-term strategies for early-stage products, and I consider SEO to be a long-term strategy. There are different reasons, not just the long-term aspect. SEO requires a lot of time, from conducting a proper analysis of competitors, to understanding the product, building keywords, and then of course, creating content. Early-stage products often undergo some pivoting, so adjusting the SEO to fit these changes can also be extra work. My advice for beginners is always to understand their target audience and find the channels where they interact. It could be Twitter, Slack, Reddit, or any platform that allows you to interact closely with them and also gives you the ability to DM. I think this is the fastest way to see results. It took me 7 months to start building SEO for Klu.so. By that point, I already had a lot of backlinks, so it was easier to see results more quickly.
Giles Crouch
Dealing with stakeholder biases. When founders assume they know what the market/customer wants or needs and don't do any research to validate their idea. This causes more startups to fail than any other reason. Also, that they want quantifiable data only. You just can't quantify human behaviour. You need to mix the two and be open minded.
I’m learning how to set up pixels for tracking and then setting up ads on Facebook and Reddit. Not an easy learning process
Roger Mendoza
@slimmy82 Dude that is my jam. 🤟🏽😃 - FB/IG/Google Ads are amazing..however costs have gone up dramatically..so testing costs are more nowadays until you find the ads that work. There are some shortcut apps that you can use help you gauge more efficiently. I use a few from AppSumo that have paid for themselves and then some. Good luck on it.
@roger_mendoza1 nice!! Any recommendations on these apps than help gauge you’re ad efficiency?
Roger Mendoza
@slimmy82 the one I use the most is metricool it analyses it across most social channels. FB/X/Google/IG/Etc. https://metricool.com
Brenna Donoghue
@slimmy82 I've been exploring Reddit ads and am so curious how your experience has been. Reddit is one of our highest converting traffic, but it's all from conversations so is small traffic, and we have never advertised there. I am tempted to start testing it but wonder how receptive people are there to ads vs the conversations. Would so love to hear about your experience and any learnings you've had.
@brenna_donoghue I haven’t started yet, but I’m going to target specific subreddits. I would hope it’s good conversion since it’s my ideal ICP. Happy to let you know once I try!
Roger Mendoza
Trying to create a multi channel seo network of affiliate marketing and funnel flow. Creating the multi channel is easy..the hard part is trying to get the funnel flow in tact with the follow ups…example: multiple websites pointing to one affiliate that pays recurring..each website may have a different persona..so keeping up with that follow up, tags, email scores, sms scores, retargeting, and roas budget is nuts. So I think I need an assistant soon. 😂😂
Johaimalin Castillo
Thanks for initiating this discussion, @sandradjajic . At Truely (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...), I feel two of our biggest challenges are visibility and initial traction. With so many great products out there also vying for attention, it can be hard to get noticed and achieve initial traction. Who else understands this? If this is not your case, I'd love some tips please!
ILFAT
At Letterly the main problem is to decide - to choose a narrow target audience with a small market or slightly broader with a larger market, but not so focused. ❤️ We launched today by the way: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Nithin Raju
Good marketing never Looks at an excellent product; 1. Winning the customer's trust is a big struggle. 2. Meeting the customer expectations when we have huge customer base.
Rops Hany
"Navigating marketing struggles can be challenging, yet it's an essential part of the business journey. It's like steering through uncharted waters to discover new opportunities. Speaking of exploration, I've recently found solace in streaming applications like Bling2 APK. They provide not only entertainment but also a unique way to connect with a diverse audience. Just as we tackle marketing challenges head-on, platforms like Bling2 enhance our ability to engage and share content creatively. Here's to overcoming obstacles and embracing the dynamic world of digital connections, both in business and entertainment!" https://bling2modapk.org/bling2-...
Sophia Williams
Hi Sandra!Thanks for reaching out with your support! We're thrilled to hear you like marketing and we'd love to get your insight. Our AISeoTool is designed to streamline SEO optimization affordably and efficiently. Our main marketing challenge is standing out in a saturated market with well-established competitors. We need to effectively communicate our unique value proposition and ensure our target audience understands how AISeoTool cuts through the complexity of SEO to deliver fast, tangible results. We're open to creative and innovative marketing strategies to elevate our brand presence and truly resonate with potential customers.Looking forward to your thoughts and collaboration!Best,Cathy
Vincent Xu
Launching soon!
Hey Sandra, thanks for this initiative! Our biggest hurdle is engaging a wider audience on a limited budget, and we're curious about cost-effective strategies that could amplify our reach.
Hi Sandra! Our main challenge has been effectively targeting the right audience for our eco-friendly kitchenware line; despite having a solid product, we're not reaching as many environmentally conscious consumers as we'd like. Any insights on refining our approach would be incredibly valuable!
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
Hi Sandra! My main challenge has been reaching the right audience without a big budget, which makes it hard to gain traction for my eco-friendly kitchenware brand. I'd love to hear your thoughts on cost-effective strategies.
Avital Trifsik
Hey Sandra thanks for this post! Our biggest challenge right now is the testing of our messaging
Duy Hùynh
The field of marketing is always changing as new platforms, trends, and technology appear on a regular basis.
Hồng ân Nguyễn
The biggest marketing struggle ever is founders' common opinions
Zakir
I am building a recruitment software for small business owner to attract, filter, evaluate and hire effectively.
Anshul Raghav
@sandradjajic Our big challenges right now are getting people to see us(https://www.producthunt.com/prod...) and getting started with using our product. There are so many good products out there, and it's tough to grab attention and get going.
Bill Frad
1. Winning the customer's trust is a big struggle.