PH community roasted me last week!

Noyan IDIN
19 replies
I asked people what the last presentation they prepared using PowerPoint and they all said "Do you still use PowerPoint? What a shame!" :D Let me correct it this way: "What was the last presentation you prepared (eg. keynote speech, progress report, sales deck, etc.), and which presentation tool did you use?"

Replies

JG
I usually use Canva, but if I have to do something in PP, it's only for my study stuff, because of the teacher's guidelines. So last one actually was about tools for analysis and project planning ;)
HAHAHAHAHA!! Decktopus.com
Christoph Dyllick-Brenzinger
I used miro (https://miro.com/). But is was an interactive webconference.
Geetanjali Shrivastava
Hahah I saw your post, and wondered what you were expecting as an answer... 😀 I love Canva (and use it for everything I can), but my team has also used BeautifulAI (gorgeous output, but so slow to load, especially if you decide to present directly), and also Pitch...and then there's always Google Slides for our less "radical" collaborators!
Neeraj Kumar
@geetanjalishrivastava Is this the one you are referring to? https://www.beautiful.ai/ @krishnaswamy_anand_ganesh Sounds like an interesting product, let's check this out.
Richard Gao
I use google slides
Carolina Nucamendi
I used Canva but I actually usually use Keynote
Angeli Zhao
Also Powerpoint but sometimes google slides as well. I wasn't aware that PPT was getting outdated. Any suggestions for newer more chic ones?
Ágh Helmut
I personally don't make presentations, but people often send me documents and I edit/correct them. The last one was a business case presentation in Powerpoint, and I opened it in Apple Keynote. I usually receive documents in .pptx, pdf, or on Google Slides.
Vuk Bajcetic
Presentations for product progress. We use google slides though i would prefer canva, but google slides is just easier to have multiple people working on it in the same time i belive
Oxana
I saw your previous post and also was thinking that last time I used PowerPoint in university 😁 but there were lots of such answers. Now it's more clear what you want to hear, so here it is - I use Google slides (we created our branded template, so it's easy and quick now) or Figma (mostly for more powerfull presenations done by designer)
Jason Victor
I use Google Slides. Is that lame? :(
Elisa Reggiardo
I am surprised no one has yet mentioned Pitch... they were rising like crazy couple of years ago and now... 🤔
Steven M. Mihaly
Haha this post made me laugh. I don't think powerpoint is too bad, but there are other products that'll help you make snappy and visually appealing prezis without being a designer. Best one: Pitch Always handy: Keynote Collaboration: Google sheets
Andjela Milojevic
Hahaha that was pretty harsh! Don't let it get to you. I used Canva :)