If you could recommend just one book that everyone should read, what would it be?

Balkrishna Karma
28 replies
For me, it will be - Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari. The book has helped me to understand the world a little bit better and make me rethink a lot of topics. Which one is your favorite?

Replies

Rex Kumaran
"What they don't teach you at Harvard Business School" by Mark McCormack. Everything you need to know about how to do business as told by the founder of IMG, one of the largest sports management firms in the world. I always suggest this book for salespeople to read. In my opinion, you only need this to understand sales and how to do business.
Hello_Joy
Purple Cow! it has a new eddition
Lyubomyr (Lou) Reverchuk
"The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers." Ben Horowitz I read it years ago and still under impression.
Pawel Jaszczurowski
@liuboumin This is so good. Must read before/when building a business.
David Cagigas
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Hanna Hrakovich
Atomic habits is a life-changing book for me. The book does a great job explaining that success depends so much on these small habits that we do every day, no matter who we are and what our goals are. It really helped me to overcome my depression-like feelings and procrastination. That is why I intend to read this book once a year, to remind myself that little changes can make big differences over time. And I just keep recommending it to everyone.
Balkrishna Karma
@hanna_hrakovich I 100% agree. I loved it. After your suggestion will definitely re-read it again. Thanks for sharing : )
aviral shah
Basic Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
Surrounded by idiots by Thomas Erikson :)
Jerryton
Rich dad and poor dad
bryce burnworth
I've read 320 books in the last 3.5 years, and I've got so many to recommend on many different topics from leadership to behavioral psychology to self-help. Malcolm Gladwell, Jocko Willink, Simon Sinek, Eric Barker, and David Goggins are all solid authors to start with!
Balkrishna Karma
@bryce_burnworth wow. 320 books. This is so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing these amazing writers with us.
Bren Kinfa 💎 SaaS Gems
Tough to say. "How to Win Friends & Influence People" IMO is a classic and should give you a good foundation in life, communication & relationships - which are key to any business. I'm also launching SaaS Bookshelf soon, a curated list of 100+ books with key takeaways for founders. Thought this might be useful to the readers here!
Balkrishna Karma
@saasdesigner Agree. It's an amazing book. I have made notes of each chapter. Thank you for sharing. Will be waiting for your launch. Best wishes
Veselin Kostov
"Mastery" by Robert Greene. I really believe that it will help you understand all about passion, find yours and actually start working towards becoming a master in it. If you ask me, achieving the above can be pretty satisfying :) @balkrishna_karma1 I've only heard about the book recommended, but still haven't tried it. Definitely on my list!
Balkrishna Karma
@veselin_kostov Thanks for sharing it Veselin. I was looking for a book in this genre. Added to my list! Hope you will enjoy Sapiens
Jingying Huang
Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss It completely changes my view about negotiation. I thought of negotiation as two business people trying to close a deal with compromises or an employee getting a higher salary. In reality, we negotiate when interacting with people, whether getting a hotel upgrade or asking for a discount. The best part about negotiation is that it's a learned skill. So long as you put enough reps in, you will be decent at it.
Balkrishna Karma
@jyfhuang Thanks for sharing it, Jingying. Sounds interesting. I am not that great at negotiation, will check this book for sure.
Victor Bianconi
Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
Hyunseok Lee
I also like sapiens! How about michael sandel's justice? it break my streotype of Humanities.
Balkrishna Karma
Sadly I have not read it yet. I like this genre, so After your suggestion, will check it out. Thank you : )
ALEXIA
The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor