I quit my job to build

Karolis Prekeris
24 replies
After 15 years dedicated to crafting websites, driving marketing campaigns, designing intuitive UI/UX, and spearheading growth strategies for diverse companies, I've taken the leap. A new, life-changing chapter beckons. It promises fresh tales, budding connections, and the opportunity to found or co-found innovative ventures — perhaps even with some of you in this very community. My excitement is real, and I'd love to resonate with those of you who vividly remember that pivotal moment when you decided to take the plunge and just... do it.

Replies

Jarod Stewart
I'm on a similar journey! Congrats and best of luck!
Muhammad Junaid
Good luck with this leap - it's gonna be exciting and challenging at the same time.
Francesco Zucchetta
Gonna be rollercoasters, man! But that's the way :) Good luck and keep believing
Dan Tegzes
This is amazing! Congrats! If you had lived 500 years ago, you would have been a pirate 🏴‍☠️, in contrast to a boring job on a big ship (today's corporations). I wish you all the best of luck!
Barry the Pirate
Take care of yourself as you step into an ups-and-downs journey. However, all-in-all, it's going to be great.
Jorge Gallego
That's great! It might (very likely) be full of unexpected things, but it's definitely worth it.
henry
Build a great product. This is obviously the most important thing. Make sure your product is something that people will actually want to use.
Moin Shaikh
Brave step, Karolis. While I haven't been in your shoes yet, I know what it means to quit the job to take on something that has new challenges every step of the life. I wish you very best in your new chapter and I'm sure you'll find some great fellows from this community. I also can't wait to hear from other fellow members who have been in your shoes already!
Artyom Sviridov
Good luck! Have a fruitful and exciting journey.
Adith Mathialagan
This is amazing, all the best!!!
Yu David
Very nice! I have recently done the same. There's going to be a lot of self-doubt and figuring things out, but remembering this moment of why you made the decision will keep you going!
Clau Marin
3 years doing the same that you did sir (Websites, UI/UX etc), and also just started building my own product! Hopefully one day I can quit my job too!
Daniel Zaitzow
@claumarin What is the product?
Luke Clarke
Good luck with this Karolis! Hope it works out for you. I know it can be scary quitting jobs for entreprenuership.
Brian Wadley
That's amazing! I know that';s a big step!
Dipen Bhikadya
Congratulations and best of luck!
Masum Parvej
Hey Karolis, I just went through your website and saw that you have worked for Google as well. Best wishes, bro! 🎉
priyanka prasad
What are you building ?
Taiba Bosnic
This is amazing Karolis! Love to see people taking these huge leaps. Congratulations and good luck! Can't wait to follow your journey :) My husband and I did a similar thing this time last year - and we're still going. A complete rollercoaster - but so exciting. All the best!! :)
Karolis Prekeris
Wow, it's amazing to see how many people resonated with this message. I am grateful for all the support!