How we launching a #1 Product of the Day and what I learned from it! โœจ

Luka Vasic
38 replies
A little backstory. We are LeadDelta, a startup with a mission to enable everyone to grow and reach the right information by utilizing their network. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Last Friday we launched LeadDelta 2.0 and our goal was to reach #1 Product of the Day, later #3 of the week. ๐Ÿ“ŒHow did we prepare: - We started new initiatives almost a month before launch (email marketing, content distribution...) - 2 days before launch we asked our customers for support - We created all the content/copy 2 days before the launch - Through LinkedIn, we used our connections to find new people who would support us - We asked around the community for tips and when new products would be launching - We found every marketing channel 5 days before the launch ๐Ÿ“ŒWhat we did during the launch day: - Post our content/copy on PH, Reddit, FB, Li, Twitter... - Attract new LEADs through LinkedIn and create urgency through a discount - Rile up our communities to support us - Monitor the votes all the time and take action when #2 starts coming closer - Drink coffee to go through that 24 h - Talk to new trials - Convert trials to paid users ๐Ÿ“ŒMy learnings: - If you launch you commit to 24h of constant work - Use the launch as a campaign to attract new customers and convert - Your community will support you, just ask - If you come prepared you will do great, if not too bad - This is only the starting point How did your launches go? I would really love to know ๐Ÿ‘‡ PS. This is our product, check it out: https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Dapeng Ni
I just launched yesterday. As of now we just have 30 upvotes and we don't have reviews yet. But our team is constantly making an effort to promote the product so far.
Thanks for sharing! Are you going to be doing a longer form post at some point?
Luka Vasic
@maxwellcdavis Didn't think about it, but maybe now that you say it. I usually write shorter pots on PH and Li
Yesser Falk
Thank you for the great and honest advice. Our Launch didn't go so well. I was quite new to Product hunt and overseen the fact, that you need to grow an audience on product hunt before launching. I have read the story of someone who launched his product here and ended up being #3 of the day. So I thought I might be lucky enough and can do the same. At the end of the day, my product ended up having one vote. But I also learned a lot from the previous launch and I will definitely put these learnings into action with my following product :).
Imtiyaz
@yesser_falk Really sad to know about one vote. But don't worry you can always launch it again on PH. This time we'll make it to #1.
Luka Vasic
@yesser_falk Sad to hear that man, but you learned from it and the next time your product will boom. I would recommend using LinkedIn to connect with PH folks and build relationships with them so that they can help you later on
Imtiyaz
Thanks for sharing! It was great to be part of your successful launch on PH. Yes, the community is very helpful and they support each other.
Kate Kurshina
Hi! It's cool that you thought of everything so well, and took such a responsible approach to promoting your product! Did you do your activities alone - on Linkedin, Twitter, etc.? Or a few people from the team? How much time was spent on day-to-day preparation?
Luka Vasic
@katerina_kurshina My whole growth team worked on it, 7 of us did the whole campaign. I don't think one person can get to #1, except if they are really well connected and famous. As for the preperation, we prepared 3 weeks in advance, trying out new channels for promotion, but when you have a 3 week head start you don't have to spend much time every day, a few hours maybe.
Fabian Maume
"Drink coffee to go through that 24 h" is important for sure. I made 4 batches of matรฉ for QApop 2.0 launch. :)
Luka Vasic
@fabian_maume hahaha cool man. I saw your product, and I like the concept, still dind't check it out, but I am thinking of using Quora for the past few weeks, so I will be sure to check QApop for sure when I start with Quora
Marina ฤuriฤ‡
Such a fantastic breakdown of all the activities that took place. Also, what was fundamental in this whole process was teamwork and communication. We communicated through slack and in a meet call. This way, we laughed and were a bit more relaxed initially. Later we expressed who needed some rest and who would jump in to cover, and it was crucial for us to make it through.
Awais Rasool
Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats on your wonderful success.
Oksana Glukhova
Hey! Thank you for sharing! Have you used the Upcoming page? I've created one, but don't really understand the right way to promote it on PH๐Ÿคฏ
Luka Vasic
@new_user_319cac3ad7e62 No, never used it, but it could be used for promotions here on PH. Can't hurt to try
Oksana Glukhova
@luka_vasic Yeah, but I asked a little bit about something else, maybe you promoted it not only through "Promote", but somehow natively ๐Ÿ™‚ But if you haven't used it, then ok. Thanks for the answer!
Luka Vasic
@new_user_319cac3ad7e62 Just sent you a LinkedIn connection request, so we can talk in DMs if you need help
Daniel Engels
great glimpse of what a succesful launch requires. Congrats!
Dylan Merideth
Congratulations and thank you for sharing this playbook, will replicate as much as possible. I especially appreciated the "If you launch you commit to 24h of constant work"
Jennifer Guerra
Thanks for sharing this info and congrats on your launch. We are launching in June and these tips are very useful for us :)
Nice brief yet comprehensive summary.
Alex Tahanchin
Thanks for sharing. We are also going to launch soon. Such materials are helpful.
Pramit Marattha
Wow! Thank you very much for sharing! Congrats on the launch!
Launching soon!
Great insights. Thank you for sharing them. I will be launching my product soon on Product Hunt, and this may prove helpful.
Luka Vasic
@qudsia_ali Great to hear that, what is your product?
Launching soon!
@luka_vasic My product is Bravo-an employee recognition and reward system. And we will be launching it soon on the product hunt.
Tony Yan
Very nice sharing! Will check your product.
Arun Pariyar
Hey Luka, I think it is fantastic that you are sharing your learning freely this is the best thing we can do in a community to help each other out, will definitely make sure of your suggestions here  ๐Ÿ‘
Dima Zubchenko
@luka_vasic First of all, thanks for sharing! I'd like to know what is your key Not To Do when launching on PH? :)
Luka Vasic
@professordz Don't screw up the launch haha, we actually launched a day before, a few things went wrong with PH so we launched the next day. Don't only look at your product, for example we noticed that the #2 product was gaining up on us a few times with unnatural upvotes so we reported them for botting 2 times and PH confirmed they were botting so they took away their points 2 times.
Yenire leal
Thanks for sharing! Soon I will launch my product and this will be useful.
Luka Vasic
@yenire_leal That's awesome. Wishing you the best of luck, and I will be checking it out when you launch ๐Ÿ˜