How to become a hunter on Product Hunt? :)

Maria
15 replies
Hi humans! I would need some tips and explanations about hunters. :) How can I become one? Do I need a certain number of followers? How does PH algorithm work? What is the main purpose of hunters on PH? I would be veeery grateful to get some tips from you! ^_^

Replies

Thanks for asking the question - something I was also interested to know!
Maria
@maxwellcdavis You are very welcome! I hope these answers will be useful for you as well! ^_^
DP
Follow! Would love to understand this too! Good question
Maria
@twocheeseburgers :D I hope we'll gain some knowledge about it ^_^
Enola VEDOVOTTO
@twocheeseburgers @maria_brm same for me, hope we can more understand this !
Maria
@twocheeseburgers @enola_vedovotto I hope we'll all get some more insightful answers ^_^
Frank Eno
Hi Maria, based on my experience, you can ask anybody to hunt their product, usually via Twitter DMs, no need to have a specific number of followers. I don't know so much about the PH algorithm, anyway when you post a product, its position goes up depending on the votes and interactions it gets on Launch day. Hope it helps a little ;)
Maria
@frankeno Thanks a lot Frank! ^_^ This is indeed very helpful! For instance - now I know I need to re-activate my Twitter profile :D ^_^
Fabian Maume
So anybody can hunt a product. All product hunt followers of the hunter will get a notification about the launch. That is the main reason to use a hunter. Hunter usually also shares their launch on other social platforms, so you can be a good hunter without product hunt followers if you have a nice follower base on other social media like LinkedIn or Twitter.
Maria
@fabian_maume Great! This is very valuable explanation, and now I have much clearer image of how it's working / what's the point.. Thanks a lot Fabian! ^_^ So, basically, if I want to become a hunter, or if I want to have hunters for my product - I must contact makers / hunters via other platforms and ask them for it, right?
Sini Katariina
I try to collect points with first upvoting products and comment to them, trying to catch upvotes to your comments and discussions
Maria
@sini_katariina Have a luck in the process! I have no doubt you will discover many great products and comments that will give you amazing insights! ^_^ I must tell that PH is for me the most inspiring network! ^_^
Beau H. Hwang
Good post! So Humans! let's follow and support each other!
Teddy Atkins
Appreciate you asking the question! Taking notes! 📝