Experiment: If your startup is growing fast and could use $300K, email me :)

Ryan Hoover
53 replies
I ran a similar experiment on Twitter a while ago and realized I should have asked the Product Hunt community. First, some context: I started Weekend Fund in 2017 while I was still the CEO at Product Hunt. Today, @vedika_jain and I write $100K to $300K checks into early-stage startups (most of which launched on Product Hunt at some point). Our background is in product and community building, but we have a network of over 400 LPs across every domain from data science to enterprise sales. More details at weekend.fund. If you're primary KPI (revenue, MAU, etc.) is growing 20%+ for 6+ months, drop me a note with details ryan@weekend.fund. If you have a deck, please share but we'd also love to chat with founders that aren't actively raising but could use our capital and help. :)

Replies

Chris Messina
Will you share the results of this experiment (even if you don't name names)? :)
Ryan Hoover
@chrismessina yeah! I'll followup here in a week or so. :)
Ryan Hoover
@chrismessina @jordimonpmm I received several replies but none turned into a check (yet). Many companies are growing nicely, but still very early. There are also several AI-powered companies that have good growth rates but there's a common pattern of high churn as consumers get curious to try new things but are ultimately left disappointed.
Lisa Dziuba
Love this, so sad that I'm not a founder right now :)
Reed Houcek
I could use some help.
André J
Launching soon!
Nice inch! For 100-300k how much equity do you require in return? Ballpark number?
André J
Launching soon!
@rrhoover Reasonable. ✌️ I'll ping you an email, once we hit exponential growth. Altho it would have to be apart of a wider raise with other investors. A $1-3m seed-round. Would you partake in such around for the right case?
Kelly An
Great to see you back Ryan! Thanks for sharing the Weekend Fund news!
Sathish Nagarajan (SNR)
Nice initiative!
Thắng Võ
I could use some help
Xứng Bùi
I could use some help.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
Hey Ryan, love the transparency and approach. It's great to see support for startups. If I come across any promising ones or if someone reaches out, I'll definitely point them in your direction. Cheers to fostering innovation.
Anshul Raghav
@rrhoover great opportunity. Sent you the mail 😁
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
Awesome experienment
Lilybelle
I appreciate your transparency and approach towards supporting startups. It’s always great to see successful people giving back to the community. I’m glad to hear that you’re fostering innovation. If I come across any promising startups or if someone reaches out to me, I’ll definitely point them in your direction. Keep up the good work! 😊”
AmazingSylvia
Love it, I am not a founder yet, but I hope I can make this progress in the future
Russ Halilov
do you invest in companies who are competitors with your portfolio companies?
Diksha Patro B
Manifesting those numbers to be able to reach out to you soon! 🥹
Michael Gammon
Hi Ryan, we have a growing pre-seed AI financial model building product and would love your support for our launch this Monday, please follow me, if you think we’re your sort of thing please get in touch, thanks, Mike
Utkarsh Agarwal
Emailed you :) We’ve also launched today -- would love your feedback on the same
Uche Maxwell
Yeah, I will follow up Regularly
Arlie Rutherford
I could use some help.