Did you use ChatGPT this week?

Ryan Gilbert
62 replies
If so, what did you use it for?

Replies

ronniehiggins
Come up with interview questions for a round of subject matter interviews I have coming up.
Ryan Gilbert
@ronniehiggins This sounds like a super interesting use case. Can you elaborate a tiny bit? What prompt did you use?
ronniehiggins
@ryangilbert Yeah. So the chat didn't start with me asking for questions but asking ChatGPT to analyze content about the topic using the Bing and link reader integrations then tell me why the content wouldn't satisfy my audience's needs and make recommendations for fulfilling them. From there I told ChatGPT that I was going to conduct interviews to gather the material required to fill the gap left open by existing content on the topic and asked it to come up with some questions.
Nope been on holiday 🤪
Ryan Gilbert
@serhii_uspenskyi What sorts of things do you use it for?
Matthew Ritchie
I've been using it to help edit some of my blog posts based on a technique I adapted from the New York Times's Kevin Roose. First, I prompt ChatGPT by asking: What are the principles of Strunk and White's 'The Elements of Style'? Once a response has been generated, I follow up with this prompt: Using the principles outlined above, please rewrite the following blog post. Rewrite my input following Strunk and White's principles, and provide a detailed explanation of what you changed and why, sentence by sentence. Here's the blog post: [insert text] ChatGPT will rewrite it and then provide a detailed breakdown of what it changed and which principles it used for each change. It's super handy when you're trying to condense or simplify any writing (not just blog posts).
Chris Messina
@matthew @matthew_ritchie can you not just ask it to apply Strunk and White's 'The Elements of Style'? Does it need to regurgitate them first?
Matthew Ritchie
@chrismessina You can do that, too. I've found that asking ChatGPT to list out the principles first provides better results, though. It seems to give it more concrete examples to go off of and helps if you want ChatGPT to explain more thoroughly why it's suggesting each change. An example I've been experimenting with is using a more modern grammar and style guide, Dreyer's English by Random House copy chief Benjamin Dreyer. If I prompt ChatGPT to list out "the principles" of the book vs. "the main grammar and style principles," the results will vary. Subsequently, when you put in text for ChatGPT to edit, it will focus on different aspects of your writing based on the output from the first query.
Jenn Byrne
write marketing copy
Yen Ju Lai
Almost every to rephrase copywriting or to do creative thinking
Ramsey
@laiyenju what kind of creative thinking did you use it for?
David Klein
I learned my wife's cousin's baby was named Charles. Charles' cousins names are Henry and James. This got me thinking... where are these names coming from? I asked ChatGPT for books in the fiction genre that include those 3 names for characters and voila: To Kill a Mockingbird, Pride & Prejudice, and A Tale of Two Cities were listed.
Jochen Schneider
@diklein have you tried to ask it to correct it? That’s one of the things that amazes me everyday
Chris Messina
Used it in an attempt to rewrite a shellscript for an Alfred Workflow. It got it wrong. 😞
Clara Kyara
I use it daily😁
Asep Maulana Ismail
as a content creator, i used chatgpt everyday to brainstorming about my contents or just the ideas
I've been using it mainly for two things; generating ideas for marketing copies, and generating ideas for strategies. I've been wanting to learn how to properly prompt it for SQL queries, but haven't had the time yet to study up.
Utkarsh Choudhary
Yes, used it to enhance my social media content and also sense check some legal documents we were getting drafted. It's been a game changer tbh.
Eric Rosner
Told me how to make love to my wife, seems I’ve been doing it wrong the whole time. Thanks chatGPT!!
Kemo Kemo 39
إنه جيد وتحت التجربة
Oh yes! To summarise one paragraph which I was feeling to lazy to read completely!😅