When a MVP or Beta Product is ready to be launched on ProductHunt?

Andrea Cavagna
15 replies
When is the right time to launch a product on ProductHunt? Is it better to have a small community first and engage more with the social community to get the project more known first? When did you launch your product? I got an almost ready MVP of an Open-source project to be launched, to secure and improve DevOps work in Cloud. It is my thought to release the GitHub Repository and Website first, then create a launch day later, when the project came out from the MVP and turn into a Beta. Also is it better to launch a product with a hunter or by myself? Any advice? Thanks in advance, Andrea

Replies

John Yeung
I have the same questions haha
Andrea Cavagna
Nice idea, how did you manage the first launch?
Andrea Cavagna
@jhlyeung It's so hard to know the right timing! Are you about to launch a new product?
John Yeung
@andrea_cavagna I "launched" the initial shitty MVP a few months ago and it was clearly not ready. Now I am debating when to launch next (still struggling to retain the existing users)
Andrea Cavagna
@jhlyeung We are going to launch out first MVP, in one or two week, but we are still not ready for launch. What's your product is about?
John Yeung
@andrea_cavagna mind map for learnings from disparate online sources: https://getrumin.com/
Vlad Zaev
Hey, I'm aslo about to launch a product here soon and searching for the answers for it. Would you mind if I add a question to your topic like: Is it better to launch a product with a hunter or by myself?
Andrea Cavagna
@vlad_zaev Thanks for the advice and good question! What your product is about?
Vlad Zaev
@andrea_cavagna It is about getting feedback for local businesses from their customers with just a link. And yours?
Andrea Cavagna
@vlad_zaev it's an open source tool to manage Access in a multi-cloud environment
Amy Tang
i say launch early and launch often! I found this really helpful: https://youtu.be/3xU050kMbHM
Charlotte Franssen
@amy_tang Yes very interesting point made in the video! Thanks for sharing!
Andrea Cavagna
@amy_tang Awesome source :) it's totally right!