When a MVP or Beta Product is ready to be launched on ProductHunt?

Andrea Cavagna
15 replies
When is the right time to launch a product on ProductHunt? Is it better to have a small community first and engage more with the social community to get the project more known first? When did you launch your product? I got an almost ready MVP of an Open-source project to be launched, to secure and improve DevOps work in Cloud. It is my thought to release the GitHub Repository and Website first, then create a launch day later, when the project came out from the MVP and turn into a Beta. Also is it better to launch a product with a hunter or by myself? Any advice? Thanks in advance, Andrea

Replies

Vlad Zaev
Hey, I'm aslo about to launch a product here soon and searching for the answers for it. Would you mind if I add a question to your topic like: Is it better to launch a product with a hunter or by myself?
Andrea Cavagna
@vlad_zaev Thanks for the advice and good question! What your product is about?
Vlad Zaev
@andrea_cavagna It is about getting feedback for local businesses from their customers with just a link. And yours?
John Yeung
I have the same questions haha
Andrea Cavagna
@jhlyeung It's so hard to know the right timing! Are you about to launch a new product?
John Yeung
@andrea_cavagna I "launched" the initial shitty MVP a few months ago and it was clearly not ready. Now I am debating when to launch next (still struggling to retain the existing users)
Andrea Cavagna
@jhlyeung We are going to launch out first MVP, in one or two week, but we are still not ready for launch. What's your product is about?
Andrea Cavagna
Nice idea, how did you manage the first launch?
Amy Tang
i say launch early and launch often! I found this really helpful: https://youtu.be/3xU050kMbHM
Charlotte Franssen
@amy_tang Yes very interesting point made in the video! Thanks for sharing!