What are the best cost effective or cheap ad networks for makers or early stage B2B SaaS companies?

Dan Siepen
44 replies
Hi everyone :) I wanted to ask the community about ad channels/networks they've had experience with and have had good success with decent costs in CPC's/CPL's outside of the traditional networks like Google and Facebook. I know of the top directories but any other niche-specific channels they know of or can share would be awesome to know :) Cheers :) Dan

Replies

Solomon Kingsnorth
Hey, you’ve probably heard of Carbon but just in case: https://www.carbonads.net/
Dan Siepen
@solomon_teach Oh yes have heard of carbon good share! However mainly for design based products right? Looks good though will certainly look + consider this as keen to hear the pricing.
Bill Dinh
Hi, I've only tried Facebook and Instagram. I assume you want to get new customers? I think the rule of thumb is if you aren't making a profit from the product already, don't pay for ads. Instead, just think of the problem you're solving and who has that problem and where they hang out. This is for Cenario?
Dan Siepen
@billfromberlocks Hey Bill good answer! Yes of course want to avoid ads as much as possible however if there's good CPC's/CPL's then I see as a good way to get the right eyeballs and quality of audiences. Yep for Cenario and do hang out/do well in terms of signups from there but more for scaling. Facebook + Instagram ads I do often for Cenario + other clients I help advise but more for exploring 'untapped' sort of ad channels/networks :)
David Bonilla
Search can be effective as well so long as keywords are tied to intent and CPLs stay within your range. For early stage, you'll want to focus 200% into your audience and allocate your spend according to those insights. +1 for Carbon, great for awareness.
Sarah Mooney
Quora isn't bad. But, Capterra + G2 are pretty decent depending on your product.
Dan Siepen
@sarahthemarketer Yeah have heard fairly good things and CPC being not to bad on both platforms! Especially quality of audience/leads would be pretty good also! How's your experience with G2/Capterra? :)
Sarah Mooney
@dansiepen Def not bad. They give you $20 to play with at first, which depending on your category can last a while. I've never had to pay more than $1/ click.
Dan Siepen
@sarahthemarketer That's actually pretty good! Are there any guides/articles on CPM's/CPC's anywhere by either of the two?
Steve Connerton
https://betalist.com/ is a good one (not CPC, but good for exposure. https://vidnetics.com/ is a new one that I haven't tried yet, but was new created by a fellow PHer --> https://www.producthunt.com/@jak...
Dan Siepen
@jaketital @steve_connerton1 Nice man good to know! I know Jake well and vidnetics and looks good :) - Will give it a go soon enough!
Ahmet ARSLAN
How about Reddit ads? You can target really niche audiences.
Dan Siepen
@ahmetarslan Yeah very good option + heard CPC's are fairly cheap too! Will certainly consider 100% :)
Sarah
Specifically for banner ads, I worked with the folks at https://codefund.io/ for a few months on a few different ad campaigns when I was exploring affordable digital advertising options for one of the data visualization libraries I work with. I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service they provided. Not sure how pricing looks now, but the selling point for me was/is that they're dev-targeted.
Dan Siepen
@practicing_dsgn Nice good share Sarah thank you :) - nice! There doesn't seem to be a guide but have submitted an enquiry to chat to someone on their team. Looks promising + good! Thanks for sharing :)
Jose Villarreal
te recomiendo carbon es una de las mejores opciones, que te sugiero que consultes a ver si cubre su expectaviva como red publicitaria.
Dan Siepen
@josevil25199823 Had to use google translate haha! Definitely agree Carbon has been mentioned a few times so will need to look in to :)
Chris Wray
Just a guess, but Facebook and google ads are really affordable right now. Might look into that..
Dan Siepen
@chris_wray Yeah totally that's a very good point both channel's CPM's are done! More still wanting to find out other alternative channels :) - However good reminder need to make the most of what they have to offer right now!
Chris Wray
@dansiepen Yeah, on some google ads I'm running I have seen clicks increase by 30% and price go down significantly. Good luck!
Salil Sethi
Have heard very polarizing views on Outbrain and Taboola. Folks either love them or hate them. I have not tried either yet. But curious to know if anyone here had experience with one of these two networks.
Dan Siepen
@salil_sethi Ah yes nice good points with Outbrain and Taboola! Yeah heard similar things in terms of quality traffic but then again good to drive some sort of awareness
Rahul Vats
In terms of traffic, these are the biggest digital marketing channels for the largest public SaaS companies 1. Direct search – 53.6% of traffic, on average 2. Organic search – 26.4% 3. Referrals – 10.7% 4. Email – 4.8% 5. Social media – 2.2% 6.Paid search – 1.7% 7. Display ads – 0.6% So I would say that paid channels can help you initially but showly and strategically you have to get the SEO right and build a brand. As you go ahead focus on organic search and referrals. As for the most effective ad networks. Here is the list of paid networks and breakup that the biggest SaaS companies spend on: 1. Google Display Network : 57% 2. AdRoll : 15% 3. Criteo : 4% 4. Vibrant : 2% 5. Rubicon Project : 2% 6. Taboola : 2% 7. Impact : 2% 8. Conversant Media : 2% So you can try out these ad networks but do not get disheartened quickly. It will take some amount of patience and time to build valuable insights. Just don’t expect paid channels to form the long-term foundation of your marketing strategy. All the very best.
Dan Siepen
@rahulvats Good comment mate this is great! Definitely agree with the above and appreciate the data too!
Dan Siepen
@rahulvats And also to clarify from a strategy point of view, of course not relying on paid per say, but can help open up new channels :)
Rahul Vats
@dansiepen Oh yeah definitely. It is almost impossible to reach organically when you are starting out. So paid channels do help initially.
Rahul Vats
@ryonatan Hi Jonathan, thanks for replying. I have collected from different sources and blogs. Will check if I have the links
Inna Proshkina
Besides, G2 and Capterra, which are great, I would also add these cool services: Get Worm AppSumo Startup Buffer TrustRadius IT Central Station Beta List Beta Page GetApp SaaSworthy
Vageta San
Close your eyes for a second. grinch costume for adults Simply recall what the Grinch's hands look like. You surely have a good imagination!
Miss Velcie
Entrümpelung Stuttgart a service tailored to declutter and organize spaces in Stuttgart, has gained notable popularity for its transformative impact on residential and commercial areas. The experts behind Entrümpelung Stuttgart employ efficient methods to sort, remove, and responsibly dispose of unwanted items, ultimately enhancing the functionality and aesthetics of spaces. This service has become an essential solution for those seeking more comfortable, organized living or working environments in Stuttgart.
Avery Joy
Discover the ultimate gaming experience at ME88, where excitement never ends and winning is always within reach. With our user-friendly platform and exciting games, you'll never want to play anywhere else.