Is there an app you use to manage your finances / budget?

Greg Kopyltsov
18 replies

Replies

Bryan M. Blanchot
I use YNAB (You Need a Budget) on a daily basis, it changed the way I deal with finances !
Richard Reis
@brybrybm Hi Bryan! This really caught my attention since I'm building an app to help people with their finances. I'm very familiar with YNAB, but I wasn't aware people used them on a daily basis. Could you explain this a little more? What makes you use YNAB every day?
Bryan M. Blanchot
@richardcreis Sure, basically I live in France and there's often a delay between the time a transaction happens and the time it takes for the amount to be deducted from your bank account. The feature from YNAB I use every day is the manual entering of transactions. Using this feature the working balance I see in YNAB always reflects my real "spending power" and therefore prevents me from overspending due to my bank not being up to date. Hope this helps!
Dan Edwards
I use Monzo For my personal allowance and keeping my personal spending on track and Moneybox for savings ๐Ÿ˜Š
Cameron
I use Google Sheets. I'm also a Monzo Bank customer so one of the things I'm planning to do soon is auto-magically stream data into the sheet using their API.
Justin Hunter
YNAB changed the way I budget. I love it.
NB
@jehunter5811 A fellow YNAB'er!!!! This company is amazing and totally love the product. Not to mention it drives real impact if you do the work.
Javi Rodriguez
@jehunter5811 @ubuntu Don't see the value in it, considering the fact that you need to pay for a subscription when @revolutapp does it automatically.
Greg Kopyltsov
@jehunter5811 maybe I don't get it, but I tried YNAB yesterday and I couldn't wrap my head around it - its hard to project or take my income into account, it seems very focused on what you have in your accounts
Justin Hunter
@gregkop It definitely is. It took me a while to get it too. I had to use their courses before it finally clicked. But when it did, it changed the way I spend money, which is really the key toward better management of your financed.
NB
@revolutapp @javi_rodriguez2 @jehunter5811 Same here..never heard of it before but I will check it out. Thanks!
Richard Reis
My team and I released Gurgeh (pronounced gur-gee) to help people manage their finances https://www.gurgeh.com/ It's the first app built for the FIRE movement (Financial Independence, Retire Early). Would love to get any feedback!
Shawn Cao
We are launching Fina soon https://producthunt.com/products..., I'm happy to connect and discuss more!